Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #16
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by honkymagoo View Post
...Maybe they'll fix it, but has anyone gotten the other $50 yet? How is that supposed to work, since I got the $100 pretty quick?...
I see two possibilities here. Since the offer says it will take 8-12 weeks for the credits to show up, it's possible that the Chase credit ($100) was fast and the Sony credit ($50) could take another 7-11 weeks to get applied. The less likely scenario is that you needed to wait until you could create a new Sony Rewards account using your Sony Card info to set up the account. Hopefully that's not the case!

Good luck! Keep us posted.
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #17
honkymagoo
honkymagoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 *Blue*
This is the reply I received from the Sony Card customer service:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Sony credit
card account.

Our records indicate that you applied for a promotional
offer of a $100.00 statement credit for making a purchase
of $299.00 or more at a Sony store or a Sony website
within 45 days of your account open date. You have the
option to receive a second $100.00 statement credit if you
spend over $1,500.00 within 90 days of your account open
date. You also have the option to receive a third $100.00
statement credit if you spend another $1,500.00 or more
within 180 days of your account open date. We have no
record of you applying for a promotional offer of a
$150.00 statement credit. We regret any inconvenience
that this matter may have caused you. "
honkymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Ouch. Are you going to try to fight for the extra $50? I've attached my screenshots of the deal's details if you need them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony1.png
Views:	690
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	30011   Click image for larger version

Name:	sony2.png
Views:	365
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	30012   Click image for larger version

Name:	sony5.png
Views:	381
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	30015   Click image for larger version

Name:	sony6.png
Views:	358
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	30016   Click image for larger version

Name:	sony7.png
Views:	359
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	30017  
Old 05-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #19
honkymagoo

Thanks, Zero.

I called the card service center again, but they can do nothing at all. Even spoke to a supervisor.

You must go through the email system, apparently. I attached a pdf of the main offer page, but I will certainly use yours when I likely get the brush off again.

If I don't get my $50, I'll sell the reader at cost on Ebay and pay off the card and cancel it, out of principle.

Is there any possibility I am supposed to get the $50 credit from Sony Rewards and not directly from Chase?

Last edited by honkymagoo; 05-29-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
...Is there any possibility I am supposed to get the $50 credit from Sony Rewards and not directly from Chase?
You know, that's how I read it really. They mention a $50 credit and a refund of your shipping & handling fees, and then separately a $100 from Chase. Maybe you should start barking up the Sony Rewards customer service tree instead of the Sony Card tree.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
...Is there any possibility I am supposed to get the $50 credit from Sony Rewards and not directly from Chase?
Have you tried talking to the rewards people instead of the card people yet? You call the same number, but when you hear "Press 1 if you're a Sony Card's owner, 2 for all other inquiries/a representative" press 2.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:13 PM   #22
honkymagoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
Have you tried talking to the rewards people instead of the card people yet? You call the same number, but when you hear "Press 1 if you're a Sony Card's owner, 2 for all other inquiries/a representative" press 2.
I did just now. The rep said it could take a billing cycle or two for the $50 from Sony Rewards.

I received the Chase credit within days.

I initially assumed the $150 would come from the same source, all at once.

You know what they say about assuming...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:52 AM   #23
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
Guys, can I register for a card and order TWO readers, each $150 (i.e. to get $300 back)?
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #24
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenDonkey View Post
Guys, can I register for a card and order TWO readers, each $150 (i.e. to get $300 back)?
Nope.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #25
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
Thanks Zero
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #26
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Like others before me, I also had trouble with this offer. The "apply now >" link worked fine and I was instantly approved for a Sony/Chase VISA with a $5000 credit line, but the "redeem now >" button just brought me to a sonyrewards.com registration page that would not let me proceed. After a half-hour talking to five different clueless reps at the toll-free number I was directed to, I gave up.

I'll try again after 24 hours & edit this post to say whether I was finally successfully. I just missed a local craigslist ad for a slightly-used PRS-505 at $150, so I really want to get this reader now!
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #27
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapped View Post
Like others before me, I also had trouble with this offer. The "apply now >" link worked fine and I was instantly approved for a Sony/Chase VISA with a $5000 credit line, but the "redeem now >" button just brought me to a sonyrewards.com registration page that would not let me proceed. After a half-hour talking to five different clueless reps at the toll-free number I was directed to, I gave up.

I'll try again after 24 hours & edit this post to say whether I was finally successfully. I just missed a local craigslist ad for a slightly-used PRS-505 at $150, so I really want to get this reader now!
I highly doubt it will work that soon, Zapped.

I was able to register for the SonyRewards registration page (using my Sony Card) approximately 60 hours after I was instantly approved for the Sony Card. Another person said it took them 4 days before they could register with their card. Just be patient, and once you can register, go ahead and order that silver* PRS-505! Make sure you don't have more than 50 rewards points before you order, as that would drop the price below $299 and disqualify you for $100 of the credit as well as the following $200 you can get for spending over $500 a month on the card.

*(For the record, I want blue. But the offer only works for the silver reader.)

Last edited by Zero9; 06-01-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #28
Zero9
Zealot

Let me also say that we're not sure you need to wait to be able to register with your card anyway. In theory, it should work to register as someone who doesn't have a card (entering your personal info manually) and then just be sure to use your Sony Card when you check out. BUT, based on previous offers and a lack of official word from Sony, waiting to register with the card would be considered the safer route.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #29
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
*(For the record, I want blue. But the offer only works for the silver reader.)
Wait... what? The credit is only for the silver?
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #30
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Wait... what? The credit is only for the silver?
The offer page specifically says PRS-505/SC (that's the silver one). It could be an overzealous typo meant only to specify that the PRS-700 isn't illegible, but I didn't want the blue one (PRS505LC) bad enough to risk not getting $50 of the credit.

Who knows for sure? I saw a page elsewhere for $50 credit after your first Sony Card purchase, and another elsewhere for the $100 credit after a >$299 purchase with $200 to follow for using an avg of $500/month for 6 months on the card. If both of those can work together, I could have gotten a PRS-700 or some other Sony item and still recieved the $150+$200 credits just like the PRS-505/SC deal.

Tags
prs-505, sony