Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #106
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
Mobipocket 6.1 final will fix sync problem, so says Bookeen.
Tom
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #107
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Ah, you go into your local library and then access the data from the Overdrive software. That is certainly one way to do it. Do you have to bring your device in to do the checkout? How is that performed?

Dale
I don't know the details.

All I know that when I showed my brand new sony reader to him, he told me that his wife is subsribed to online library where she can read online book for a certain fee for a limitited period of time. That she is reading books on their plasma TV
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did check out one of the Discworld books from Overdrive via the Boston Public Library. Whoever did the conversion really made a mess of the footnotes.

You get an * as the footnote number and then it takes you to a page with footnotes with * so you have to know which one goes with the * you came from. Plus it's very easy while looking for the appropriate footnote, it's easy to see the others (and get maybe spoiled). Plus, there is no link to go back. So unless Mobipocket has a go back feature, you either have to go to the page are play around trying to find where you were. What a mess.

I'm converting it to LRF using Book Designer and putting in proper footnotes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #109
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did check out one of the Discworld books from Overdrive via the Boston Public Library. Whoever did the conversion really made a mess of the footnotes.

You get an * as the footnote number and then it takes you to a page with footnotes with * so you have to know which one goes with the * you came from.
I wonder if there is a way to send corrections like that back to MobiPocket for inclusion in a future version. There are way too many errors in published ebooks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #110
Pickle
Enthusiast
Pickle began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:

You get an * as the footnote number and then it takes you to a page with footnotes with * so you have to know which one goes with the * you came from. Plus it's very easy while looking for the appropriate footnote, it's easy to see the others (and get maybe spoiled). Plus, there is no link to go back. So unless Mobipocket has a go back feature, you either have to go to the page are play around trying to find where you were. What a mess.

The Cybook has a back button that would work. Of course, it can't read library books at the moment and Aenea's(sp?) conversion tool strips out the links.
Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #111
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:

This was a DRM-laden PDF?
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #112
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
@ Alisa: AFAIK, all the Discworld books are DRM'd.
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote