Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
ich461
ich461 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
isilo pdb file convert to kindle format

Hi everyone,I'm new for kindle 2, love it,only issue is I have hundreds of books or textbooks of isilo pdb fomat(was a palmer), how can I convert them to kindle format? any software?
Thanks a lot
ich461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
iSilo seems to be a proprietary format. I couldn't find any info or converters in a brief look. Perhaps a question at the iSilo forum might do better.

http://forum.isilo.com/
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
ich461
ich461 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Thanks, I found this post: http://forum.isilo.com/showthread.php?t=5463
seems a few other people have some question as mine, what they discussed was to have a "isilo" app on e-readers, I don't wish so, I just need a converter, which can be used in PC.
anyway, I will wait, maybe till Notion Ink Adam come up.
ich461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ich461 View Post
I just need a converter, which can be used in PC.
I don't believe such a converter exists for iSilo docs. You can convert to iSilo, but from it is the problem.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
dmwilson34
dmwilson34 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Yes! ISILO works with Kindle Fire!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ich461 View Post
Hi everyone,I'm new for kindle 2, love it,only issue is I have hundreds of books or textbooks of isilo pdb fomat(was a palmer), how can I convert them to kindle format? any software?
Thanks a lot
You can simply download ISILO (for $19.95) from the Amazon App store. It works with Kindle fire. Then you can copy all your books into the kindle fire using a USB cable.

Please ignore any message that says you cannot use kindle fire for ISILO. It simply is NOT true!!

It is very simple and works first time, everytime!!

Hope this helps!
dmwilson34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All this is very interesting, but of no help whatsoever to the original poster.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
dmwilson34
dmwilson34 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
All this is very interesting, but of no help whatsoever to the original poster.
Whoops! I misread her post. I thought she was a kindle fire user. Well, anyway, it may help those who are considering buying a kindle fire....I find it perfect for my needs (an avid ISILO user).
dmwilson34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As an avid isilo user, you should take note of the problem raised by the OP. As far as I know, there's currently no conversion software that converts from iSilo to any other format.

It may not have bitten you yet, but one day it might.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
print to pdf with CutePDF ?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
print to pdf with CutePDF ?
Umm.... not really a useful solution. PDF to anything else then becomes the problem: most PDFs contain no information about the flow of the text, or distinguish between line breaks and paragraph breaks.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #11
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Umm.... not really a useful solution. PDF to anything else then becomes the problem: most PDFs contain no information about the flow of the text, or distinguish between line breaks and paragraph breaks.
Another option would be to install the iSilo reader for Windows and save to a text file. That will lose all formatting, of course, but it will get you the goods.

Both options are far from ideal...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #12
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Using ABBY Fine Reader(or another similar one) to convert this PDFs may ensure to preserve at least some of the formatting.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FineReader.png
Views:	1099
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	80304

Last edited by thomass; 12-23-2011 at 09:02 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote