Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-14-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
fading
fading began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cover image going odd in Calibre

I'm just converting my first file in Calibre and I'm having problems with the cover image. When I import my cover image, all of the colours go odd, and it just looks strange, almost like a negative image.

I am attaching the good file that I am importing, and then what Calibre turns it into!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Green Day - good.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	896.6 KB
ID:	34205   Click image for larger version

Name:	Green Day - bad.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	34206  
fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Weird. How are you importing the cover, using the edit metadata dialog? And onw hat OS/version of calibre?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Image negative

Windows XP on 0.6.14 - the latest - experienced the same problem converting a pdf...as it happens, it was the same one I uploaded to you for a sample for pdf conversion, about the RAF...only the color images went negative, the black and white images were ok.

Despite the problems you are trying to correct with pdf conversion, it already does much more than any other program I tried when I converted this pdf to an EPUB. Together with SIGL it was pretty easy to get rid of the extra headers and misplaced captions.

Am attaching the pdf and epub for your persual. The EPUB has been edited by me.
Attached Files
File Type: epub raf1 - Unknown_1.epub (569.1 KB, 246 views)
File Type: pdf raf1 - Unknown_1.pdf (657.2 KB, 304 views)

Last edited by mrmikel; 09-30-2009 at 12:24 PM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm busy re-compiling the entire windows C stack, including the PDF libraries. This should be in the enxt release. Try that and if the problem persists, let me know.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Color image still negative in .16

Sorry, images still going negative in .16.

Not sure they are exactly negative either, since if I do an invert in a graphics program it did not fix the problem.

It is a problem which can be worked around after conversion by simply going back to the original, taking a snapshot (if you are using foxit reader), saving the clipboard image in a graphics program and replacing the image (after deleting the old one) with the same name.
Advert
Old 10-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK open a ticket and I'll take a look at it some time.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
mrmikel
Color me gone

No hurry

Since it is so easy to work around, it is a low priority. Ticket created.