Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Exclamation [EE] Interesting happening

A few days ago my EE got stuck, e.g. became unresponsive. No functions would work, apps would not start, etc. This has happened before; so holding in the button on the side forced the EE to shutdown.

Waiting 5 minutes or so and restarted. The LCD screen activated with the animated dots, BUT the screen animation was UPSIDE down. The sequence finished successfully, though. As I had initiated a forced shutdown, I now conducted a normal shutdown.

Again waited 5 or so minutes and restarted. All conditions normal, e.g. LCD right side up. However most of the settings for widgets, shortcuts and menus were either missing or changed. Spent time redoing all settings to return to normal use.

Prior to the EE being responsive I had synced with my laptop to calibre. I believe I ejected properly using the function in calibre, which is my normal way. I did also remove the SD card from the EE, but realized I physically removed the card without unmounting it.

Moral of this story use the correct procedure for unmounting/mounting SD cards and ensure to disconnect the USB properly.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Glad everything's back to normal and thanks for the heads-up. My PE also only likes certain sizes of SD cards (smaller than 32GB). It didn't like that one AT all and let me know by getting all weird on the e-ink screen.

It's my favorite gadget, so I tend to baby it a lot
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Glad everything's back to normal and thanks for the heads-up. My PE also only likes certain sizes of SD cards (smaller than 32GB). It didn't like that one AT all and let me know by getting all weird on the e-ink screen.

Have you read my post on using 64gb cards? It'll probably pertain to you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190541
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Helf. I did read that post when first published and thought it wonderfully informative. I haven't yet bought any mSD cards larger than 32GB, but I did buy a 64GB USB flash drive the other day (it was on sale a great price)!

It does not work with my PE, however. I get an error message that the drive is 'damaged' and needs to be formatted.

It's 'exFAT' or something, so I need to look up the difference between that and FAT32, I guess.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Quote:
Thanks, Helf. I did read that post when first published and thought it wonderfully informative. I haven't yet bought any mSD cards larger than 32GB, but I did buy a 64GB USB flash drive the other day (it was on sale a great price)!

It does not work with my PE, however. I get an error message that the drive is 'damaged' and needs to be formatted.

It's 'exFAT' or something, so I need to look up the difference between that and FAT32, I guess.
If you reread the 1st part of Helf's post. he explains exactly what to do when you get the "Drive is damaged" message. I haven't tried it yet, since I don't have a 64 GB card. But his instructions appear to be pretty solid.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Quote:

How did it "get weird" on the eink screen? I have had issues with my sink just showing "Initializing..." on boot and having to downgrade and then reinstall GA to fix (temporarily).

I thought it was an app issue, but I can't pin it down. I do have a 32gb SD card in. if I unmount, will that fix the eink, or did you have to do something else?

jm
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
DianNC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm001 View Post
How did it "get weird" on the eink screen?
Sorry for the delay -- just saw your question.

By 'weird', I mean the e-ink side would only load partially on boot. As I recall, about 1/3 or 1/2 of the screen was black, but in my case, powering off, removing the card and rebooting fixed it.

Tags
10" ee, sd card, shutdown, unresponsive, usb