Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Tablet charger cord is not well made

I was right there when my daughter broke the charger cord, so I saw she wasn't being rough with it. She was just plugging it in, and it broke. The charging pin pulled out of the plastic casing. I looked online to see how much another one would cost and saw that the reviews for the charging cord are mainly one star, because this appears to be a very common problem. I am not impressed. I don't want to have to buy a new charging cord every few weeks at $15 a pop.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Good update! They must be aware it's a problem, because I took it in when I was at a dentist appointment near B&N, and they replaced it for free with no hassle at all. So I wish the cable was less fragile, but I'm pleased with their customer service.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Like the previous post already mentioned. This is a known problem. Just phone B&N customer service. They will send you a free new charger cord.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
The end of mine came apart too. They sent me a new one after I called customer service.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Wow. They better not give you any hassle, because the tips of Nook Color cords have been falling apart in people's hands for a solid year, and my guess is that they not only didn't address the issue in the original product, but shipped the same defective cords with the newer model.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I called b&n, explained the issue and they sent me a new cord. I googled it and found a thread somewhere else. Make sure you tell them it is a known issue. I had mine over a year when I called. sent in the mail free of charge.
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote