Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #16
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
Would it be possible (me asking very shyly) to link the full refresh to a special key-combination (alt-enter, alt-tab) /etc. I kind of like regularly refresh the screen cca. every two minutes. This would be great and quite convenient...
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #17
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
To be honest, I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to start that. Perhaps someone else here would be able to.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2007, 05:29 AM   #18
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
I've got abiWord working on the iLiad with RTF and DOC!!

The attached screenshot is a document I made in Microsoft Word 2003. It looks exactly the same in abiWord unmodified.

I'm attaching the package, but the program will not run in it's current form. You will need to do some modification to the root filesystem. As I don't want to touch it with a script, I'll leave this step up to you.

Code:
cp /mnt/cf/abiword/loaders/* /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/
/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
Once unbricking becomes available, I won't be so hesitant to touch the root filesystem and will most likely repackage all of my apps.

Compact Flash Version: http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad.../abiwordcf.zip

Is the code two lines or one lines.
Maybe it is dangerous but I typed 2 lines, my iLiad acted strange.
And it does not work.

The iLiad hang, but seems to work after reset
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #19
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo
Would it be possible (me asking very shyly) to link the full refresh to a special key-combination (alt-enter, alt-tab) /etc. I kind of like regularly refresh the screen cca. every two minutes. This would be great and quite convenient...
That involves two things:

1) being able to recognize those key combinations
2) Whoever recognizes that combinations (contentlister, the application, ...), would have to do the appropriate call to the functions of liberdm to make a refresh (or communicate with libX11.so so that it can act on behalf of the application).

(1) would require the appropriate hooks into the app (I suppose that is the app who will recognize those), perhaps Adam could do this part

(2) is somewhat tricky. I don't know if two apps could communicate with liberdm using the same channel. And the alternative (that is communication with libX11.so) is not trivial :-/.

It would be better to make an icon in the matchbox-panel, but I have experience with those.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #20
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Has anybody else (except Adam B.) gotten Abiword working? I need help with that.
Advert
Old 04-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier.

You do need to run that command as 2 lines.

Type the following and let me know the output:

Code:
cd /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/
ls -la
Old 04-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #22
henkvdg
Groupie

Quote:
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier.

You do need to run that command as 2 lines.

Type the following and let me know the output:

Code:
cd /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/
ls -la
I tried that. It gives a lot of files (the right ones) with the the following attributes: -rwxr-xr-x

But Abiword still doesnot work from the CF card.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #23
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

What error does it give when you try to run it?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #24
henkvdg
Groupie

Quote:
What error does it give when you try to run it?
I don't know, I do not use the iLiad through my PC. Just the iLiad.
Does it produce an error file somewhere?

BTW: after execiting the two lines by mxrt (I changed /mnt/cf/ to /media/cf this time) the iLiad acted strange (I had to hard-reset).
Old 04-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #25
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I've only run that from an ssh terminal....I don't know what effect it would have in mrxvt.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #26
henkvdg
Groupie

Quote:
I've only run that from an ssh terminal....I don't know what effect it would have in mrxvt.
What command would you give to start abiword from the terminal?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #27
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

./run.sh
Old 04-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #28
henkvdg
Groupie

Quote:
./run.sh
When I start mrxvt and do "cd /media/cf/abiword" and then "./run.sh", it says:
"cd: 4: can't cd to .
: not found: ./bin/abiword"

when I do just "run.sh" it says: sh: run.sh: not found"

Maybe we can better e-mail about this.

Thanks for reading.

I looked at your run.sh file.
It says:

export DISPLAY=:0
export scriptdir=`/usr/bin/dirname $0`
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$scriptdir/lib
cd $scriptdir
./bin/abiword

I think I know understand a little bit more.

Last edited by henkvdg; 04-27-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #29
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Do an `ls` in the abiword directory.

Then `cd bin`, and do an `ls` in the bin directory. It sounds like it can't find the abiword binary...
Old 04-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #30
henkvdg
Groupie

Quote:
Do an `ls` in the abiword directory.

Then `cd bin`, and do an `ls` in the bin directory. It sounds like it can't find the abiword binary...
I did that. It is there.

Update:
I think I found it:

export DISPLAY=:0

export scriptdir=`/usr/bin/dirname $0` <<<<< This is the letter Oh, I changed it to zero, now it seems to work !!

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$scriptdir/lib
cd $scriptdir
./bin/abiword

Last edited by henkvdg; 04-27-2007 at 05:10 PM.