Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #16
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Poor Poohbear... They sucked him into the vortex of moderation!

(congrats! and don't think you'll get the Ipad this way!)

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #17
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
You Do Realise Pooh, That Moderators round here get MURDERED,

Congratulations I Think !!!!
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I am happy to announce our newest moderator PoohBear_nc.

Even after being told the hours and the pay he has accepted a position as a moderator. His initiative to help us with the Kindle forum and his great attitude on the forums got him quickly invited to join the team.

So, please join us in welcoming him to the team. I know he will make a great addition and the green hat matches his specks.

BOb

Wait a minute - we get paid for this? No one told me about the pay? When? Who? What?
[stale donuts? not eaten by VR? he never leaves any!]

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and congrats.
[No - they won't influence me to award you the iPad - I'm still looking for it myself in all the corners of the Mod llounge - but there's so much green here I can't see anything until my eyes adjust.]

And my glasses do blend in nicely with the decor!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post

Congratulations I Think !!!!
Yes, we were running short of victims to sacrifice to The One Wheeled Ghod staff.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #20
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Poohbear, congratulations on infiltrating the Moderator Lounge!

Be careful of crowbars, and the red button, whilst searching for the iPad! What is all that string?
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Poohbear, congratulations on infiltrating the Moderator Lounge!

Be careful of crowbars, and the red button, whilst searching for the iPad! What is all that string?
i see javed has gone straight to the heart of matters.

welcome to the team poohbear, we're very glad to have you.

just don't push the red button.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #22
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i see javed has gone straight to the heart of matters.

welcome to the team poohbear, we're very glad to have you.

just don't push the red button.
Which button? This one? [teeny push]

Oh great! Now I've accidentally transported myself to an alternate universe - where everything's GREEN! No, wait a minute, I'm still in the Mod's Llounge! Geez -- are you all color blind by now?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #23
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
That's only in the Mystery forum. Poohbear_NC is moderating in Kindle. Moderately moderating, one hopes.

Congrats!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #24
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Congrats PoohBear_nc!! May your days as a Mod make you snicker and fall out of your computer chair in convulsions of ROFL! Far more often than they make you wish to blugeon your computer screen!
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #25
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Wait a minute - we get paid for this? No one told me about the pay? When? Who? What?
[stale donuts? not eaten by VR? he never leaves any!]
Opps... well no worry... as bad as the pay is, Alex sends 100% of our salaries to the people of Darfur every month.

So... it's all for a good cause [and a small tax write off].

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #26
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Congrats on the greendom
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #27
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Killing and eating chicken is going to taste all the sweeter now.

Congrats pooh.

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #28
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Hey, congratulations poobear_nc!

Now have a nice time taking fire for not hammering the spammers enough, being on the wrong side (meaning on top) of every argument and taking on a ton of other responsibilities other MR-members don't even imagine ... .

Naw, just kidding. Have a nice time just being yourself as before () plus having a green hat .

All the best!

beachwanderer
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #29
poohbear_nc
Now what?

In case I forgot to personally thank everyone in the tsunami of congrats for my new "color scheme" -

THANK YOU!

I will do my best to help MR stay the wonderful place it is!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #30
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Congrats Pooh_Bear!
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote