Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #91
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i walked into my local doughnut shoppe at 7 this morning and announced that today was doughnut day and bought everyone in the place a doughnut, 18 doughnuts later with 3 for me i took the rest to make 3 dozen home with me

what's your story of the day???????????????????????????
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #92
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I've been screaming at nurses so much that they've taken to stuffing donuts in my mouth to get me to shut up. True story.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #93
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I've been screaming at nurses so much that they've taken to stuffing donuts in my mouth to get me to shut up. True story.
hm, maybe i should try that with the shums. added bonus, if i stuff them with enough doughnuts, with a little luck they might all go into sugar comas. of course, that outcome is dubious at best, and that many doughnuts would get expensive...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #94
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
i walked into my local doughnut shoppe at 7 this morning and announced that today was doughnut day and bought everyone in the place a doughnut, 18 doughnuts later with 3 for me i took the rest to make 3 dozen home with me
Why am I not surprised? You have this thing for giving, UncleDuke, not to mention doughnuts. Good on ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
what's your story of the day???????????????????????????
I was going to head to the grocer to pick up the Batletts (thanks, Master Wood), but I see my wife has a pile of rhubarb on the counter and I'm guessing that's not going to be for a casserole. So we might have a change of plans for today's "doughnut".
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #95
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
By the time I remembered that today is Donut Day, it was too late to get to a donut shop. (They all close at noon here in Texas.) I think it's probably better for my diet that I didn't get one.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #96
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Had a cinnamon sugar doughnut and an iced masala chai. Yummy!
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #97
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

doughnut day : today mobileread, tomorrow, the world !!!

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 05-03-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #98
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So what happens when the dog goes in the kitchen to bake a pear tart? Well, I chose the simple recipe that has four ingredients: pie crust, pears, sugar, and lemon juice. I make the crust from scratch (piece of cake - ahem!). Then I peel, core, and slice the pears. Then I skim the next step and it says to throw the pear slices in a big bowl and there's something about 1/3 of a cup and lemon juice. The chemist in me is thinking this is good - the lemon juice will keep the pears from oxidizing and turning brown. So I do it. Man, this is a lot of lemon juice. Okay, now carefully arrange the slices in the pie crust to make it look pretty. I do that with a lot of effort. Now put it in the oven. Wait, where's the sugar?? I look back and I was supposed to put the pear slices in a bowl with 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Doh!!! Well, I'm not taking them out of the crust and starting again. So I sprinkle the sugar all over the pear slices in the crust. Hey, it'll cook through. Right? We'll see. My wife and daughter are just laughing at me. Typical. It's in the oven now and we'll see how it turns out in 40 minutes.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #99
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Okay, it's out of the oven and it looked - wet. Like soup in a pie crust with some pear slices everywhere. Duh!! So I poured out about half or more of the liquid and then I glazed it with the pear syrup and am letting it cool. I'll tell you later how it tastes.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #100
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Yummo! It turned out fine, though I don't recommend the ad hoc changes I made. Gosh, I love the taste of cooked pears. They have so much more flavor than most apples. Happy MR Doughnut Day (+1)!
Old 05-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #101
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Yummo! It turned out fine, though I don't recommend the ad hoc changes I made. Gosh, I love the taste of cooked pears. They have so much more flavor than most apples. Happy MR Doughnut Day (+1)!
that looks AMAZING vr ! my mouth is watering. is there any left over ? could i have an eensy slice ?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #102
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that looks AMAZING vr ! my mouth is watering. is there any left over ? could i have an eensy slice ?
By all means! Let me just carve out a piece for you. There. Enjoy! It's still a bit warm.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #103
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
By all means! Let me just carve out a piece for you. There. Enjoy! It's still a bit warm.
oooh, it's even better when it's still warm !! thank you !
Old 05-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #104
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oooh, it's even better when it's still warm !! thank you !
You're welcome, Zelda. (somehow I knew that Montsnmags Enterprises would come through for me to manage the spatial and time reorientation processes necessary to make a snappy delivery)
Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #105
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
You're welcome, Zelda. (somehow I knew that Montsnmags Enterprises would come through for me to manage the spatial and time reorientation processes necessary to make a snappy delivery)
yep ! we can always count on them.

Tags
glace au four