Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #1021
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska
I read on the forum, that you change the language in Duokan 2012 (KT and KP(xTouch_2012-12-14.19019.rtm).zip).
Can you help me to change language to english ?
P.S. If it's posible to make some print screens to show HOW.
this may help

Quote:
what is the function of TOC Display ?
TOC is the list of the chapters of a document. (ie an active index)

Last edited by thomass; 02-19-2013 at 12:29 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:20 AM   #1022
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch software Version 5.1.2
When I'm cheking the format of my EPUB document (with viewer from Calibre) is normal, but when I upload it to my kindle the rows became very mess..
I mean every row it's like a paragraf. Thx
ivakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #1023
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

How to install on K2? thanks
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #1024
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
How to install on K2? thanks
not possible at least for now.

Quote:
how can i switch from Duokan 2012 to Kindle and revers?

Thx
Duokan to Kindle: settings>switch to Kindle

Kindle to Duokan: menu>settings>menu>restart
Old 02-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #1025
thomass
Wizard

Duokan 2013 1.0

Duokan 2013 version is released

I suspect they're using k2pdfopt to reflow PDFs
Click image for larger version

Name:	171822cmck4444zpmcdyym.png
Views:	560
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	101728

list of features:
Quote:
2013 version of the new features include:
● Support book cover mode and list mode switching;
● Support to look at the bookstores to buy books packet management;
● Support local books read data synchronization, including reading progress, bookmarks, annotations summary (other platforms need to support version 2.0 or later);
● support directly share the Sina microblogging;
● bind data and accounts of personal experiences, cross-platform synchronization (other platforms need to support version 2.0 or higher);
● Improved bookstores part:
● View Book List Book information page;
● Bookstore Home Add book shelves and Press Area two channels;
● List of Books page add profile information;
● Recommended books;
● to support ePub vertical Books;
support PDF of the scanned version of the rearrangement;
● better CSS styles support;
● better typography effect;
Spoiler:
Quote:
New Features

● Support book cover mode and list mode switching;
Methods of operation:
Home directory to select any sort, the left can select list mode / cover mode (KT and KP icon).
Note:
The cover mode default is extract the first page of the book cover, making bad books may cover display does not look good, if you want to see the file name, it is recommended to switch to list mode.

● Support to look at the bookstores to buy books packet management;
Methods of operation:
Into the "multi-, select" New group "in the upper right corner you can see that the classification of goods".
Note:
Non-multi-seen products of books not yet support this operation, it is recommended that you do not put too many small files, kindle pc regularly organize files.

● Support local books read data synchronization, including reading progress, bookmarks, annotations summary (other platforms need to support version 2.0 or later);
Methods of operation:
The same books copied to multiple platforms, read exit at any platform read the progress of the meeting to the server, log in to the same account on other platforms, reading this book will get data from the server, then prompts you to synchronize .
Note:
Other platform's version has not been released, etc. when we can see, more than one the kindle can now use this feature.

● support directly share the Sina microblogging;
Methods of operation:
System settings first bind Sina microblogging account, list mode, KP / KT can share in the home directory of a long file name the K3/K4 Left menu, select share can select text can also choose to share.
Note:
Sina microblogging account every seven days rebind (which is data Sina microblogging given).

● bind data and accounts of personal experiences, cross-platform synchronization (requires 2.0 or later support other platforms)
Methods of operation:
Login to see more of my experience can account personal center.
Note:
In order to reduce the pressure on the server to ensure that the server data is up-to-date, this data is not updated in real time, one hour upload "personal center" corresponds to the message center is still no data.

● The Bookstore parts improvement;
Methods of operation:
We go into a bookstore you can see, the interface is more concise and more beautiful.

● to support ePub vertical Books;
Methods of operation:
Vertical epub books was admitted to the books directory can.
Note:
Flip vertical books change, click on the left side of the next page, the right side is on the next page.

● support PDF of the scanned version of the rearrangement;
Methods of operation:
Intelligent rearrangement can open the scanned version of the pdf.
Note:
Rearrangement of the table / vertical books rearrangement is not yet supported, two-column support.
Pdf sample more, if any books, send to kindleuser@duokan.com can remember shots better illustrate the problem, corresponding with.

● better CSS style support; better typesetting;
Methods of operation:
For better production ePub / Mobi books, we can copy for viewing;

to download you can use this link instead

Last edited by thomass; 02-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #1026
Vessel
Vessel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Classic
Is it still installed as it used to be or somehow different?
Vessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #1027
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessel View Post
Is it still installed as it used to be or somehow different?
if you have already installed one of the previous Duokan OSs:
  • copy DK_System folder onto the existing one
  • restart Kindle

language settings is on the second page of the second tab.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-22 22.18.31.jpg
Views:	6692
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	101736

Last edited by thomass; 02-22-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #1028
saidyasin
saidyasin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you sir thomass for the update news.
I've just installed the 2012 version, but gonna try this immediately.

It is great to see that it includes the English translation by default now.
Thanks again.

Also, I'm new to all this. Where can I find a manual in English for the latest version?

Last edited by saidyasin; 02-22-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: add a question
saidyasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #1029
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
Have been using R5.4 which is working great to my K4NT. Especially the battery lasts very long.

Now the 2013 v1.0 got this "scanned PDF rearrangement" sounds like a great feature. Have to try this version for few days

Downloading now...
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #1030
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
I like the new main menu, can switch easily to the old menu. But where is my reading statistic? This feature has been removed?

Pdf smart layout works, no more sticked words (this may depend on books though).
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #1031
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Nice job DUokan.. Very helpfully.
How update Kindle without touch DUokan 2013. And after I will update Kindle with latest firmware, I'll be able to put again DUOKAN on last version of Kindle (supposing that i will remove Duokan)
thx ni advance..
Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #1032
ivakuska
Enthusiast

I connected my Kindle to my laptop for charging. After a 2 our the yellow light became green.. BUT when I disconnected my kindle and I take a look on the Battery Ratio it's charged up just to 82 % .. WHY?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #1033
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
Nice job DUokan.. Very helpfully.
How update Kindle without touch DUokan 2013. And after I will update Kindle with latest firmware, I'll be able to put again DUOKAN on last version of Kindle (supposing that i will remove Duokan)
thx ni advance..
you can update Duokan like this

to update the Kindle Firmware there is no need to remove the Duokan. Instead create a DUOKAN_NO file on Kindle's USB root.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #1034
gienkollo
The Cooler
gienkollo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I liked reading statistics that was in Duokan 2012, Unfortunately that disappeared last update.
gienkollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #1035
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gienkollo View Post
I liked reading statistics that was in Duokan 2012, Unfortunately that disappeared last update.
I have not installed 2013 yet, but looking at the fifth picture shows reading statistics. Does it not?
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf