Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #1
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
BookDesigner PDF question

After rebuilding the computer I've re-installed BookDesigner. Before the rebuild I tried to convert a couple of books and the results were satisfactory. I figured I'd use BookDesigner to convert that Tor book, Mistborn to LRF. But BD won't load any PDF's (have tried many), just comes up with some error message containing about 20 question marks. Can anybody help me before I implode with frustration?
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
BD will only convert those pdfs which were made from text files. It wil produce error messages for all the others, most of which are scans.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I know, but I've tried to load PDF files that I previously successfully converted...and I get the same message. So that can't be problem then, right?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did get Mistborn to load in Book Designer. But it came out a right mess. The header and footer didn't do it any favors. Plus you'd be spending more time then it is worth to get it in any sort of decent format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimo1re View Post
I know, but I've tried to load PDF files that I previously successfully converted...and I get the same message. So that can't be problem then, right?
Best bet is to rip the text out of the PDF, either by exporting from Adobe Acrobat or by using FoxIt PDF or Abdio PDF editors. I like Abdio. And that way you can also scrape off the headers and footers.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
grimo1re
Geekette

Errr, this is embarrassing: I hadn't installed the latest update. I got the update from the Wiki but assumed the latest update would be listed at the top in the little list on the Book Designer page. Yes, I'm ruined by the interweb! So, uhm, I've installed the actual latest update and it works now.