Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 AM   #391
truemarine
truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4B, Kobo Aura H2O
Thumbs down

Not sure if it's has been reported or not.
In FBReader, when I deleted the last bookmark, the software always crashes.
truemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #392
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
COME ON !

GIVE ME THIS LAST UPDATE... PLEASE!
Am I the only one still counting on it ?

Damned.
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #393
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
I'm waiting too! But I'm not sure if all the changes we are waiting for have already been implemented...
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #394
ChristineGER
Enthusiast
ChristineGER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
It has been 8 months since the last update.
Very very disappointing from Booxtor.

Should we pay again some bucks to get the last update?

Seems to me it was a big misstake to buy Onyx hardware, counting on the promise of a "direct and very friendly support by a german guy called Booxtor".

Next time we all should buy big brands, Sony, Samsung, whatever.
ChristineGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #395
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineGER View Post
It has been 8 months since the last update.
Very very disappointing from Booxtor.

Should we pay again some bucks to get the last update?

Seems to me it was a big misstake to buy Onyx hardware, counting on the promise of a "direct and very friendly support by a german guy called Booxtor".

Next time we all should buy big brands, Sony, Samsung, whatever.
Point is that, so far, no other company, being small or big, have ebook reader with at least 9.7 inches screen still on the market.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #396
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
This thread is about the 6 inch i62HD Point is Booxtor was very probably counting on Onyx providing regular updates that he and his team could customize further. That didn't happen and the i62 line was dropped in favor of the new Android devices to whom Booxtor doesn't seem to have access, either cause he doesn't deem them worth the money (if this is the case his silence is probably due to diplomacy, it's not the best practice criticizing the brand you are selling) or cause Onyx has some kind of exclusive or preferential deal with Artatech regarding the newest devices.
Anyhow, I think is Onyx hasn't learned how to do business on a western market. The i62 was a good piece of hardware but it needed great software. I'm afraid history will repeat itself with the C65. As long as the competition won't start marketing a better 9.7 inches reader they should stay afloat though
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:50 AM   #397
ChristineGER
Enthusiast
ChristineGER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thanks for you answer and explanations. If Onyx isn't providing any more updates, than its not Booxtors fault. But he always told us that the new update they are working on (with cloud support, multitasking ...) is nearly ready and needs only some polishing. At least for this one last update Booxtor thus bears the responsibility. Not onyx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
This thread is about the 6 inch i62HD Point is Booxtor was very probably counting on Onyx providing regular updates that he and his team could customize further. That didn't happen and the i62 line was dropped in favor of the new Android devices to whom Booxtor doesn't seem to have access, either cause he doesn't deem them worth the money (if this is the case his silence is probably due to diplomacy, it's not the best practice criticizing the brand you are selling) or cause Onyx has some kind of exclusive or preferential deal with Artatech regarding the newest devices.
Anyhow, I think is Onyx hasn't learned how to do business on a western market. The i62 was a good piece of hardware but it needed great software. I'm afraid history will repeat itself with the C65. As long as the competition won't start marketing a better 9.7 inches reader they should stay afloat though
ChristineGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:04 AM   #398
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
interesting, the onyx i62 hd for 99€ at ereader-store.eu
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #399
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
interesting, the onyx i62 hd for 99€ at ereader-store.eu
Is logical because it is obsolete, abandoning Onyx and seller support firmware.
And soon to be marketed new readers with Android.
This is called planned obsolescence.

Regards -.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #400
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
I'm afraid it's what Fraylocus said.
No i62hd\firefly updates since July.
No M92 update since December.
I62 status is even worse as C65 is on sale months ago.
No Booxtor messages in this forum since december.
Nothing about the promised Acapella TTS. No bug fixed in months.
So ...

Last edited by Manolo; 04-12-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #401
amdreluiz
André
amdreluiz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-prsT1
I don't know if this is the right place to ask. I was really considering to buy a Boox i62HD. I have a sony-T1, and I use it a lot. I'd like to keep small because I travel a lot. But it's also very important for me to save my notes and to be able to export, merge into a new file, (and also to be able to handwrite and save on pdf would be great). Moreover, I'd love to be able to use dictionaries on stardict format.
So I ask, if someone could please help me, is it not a good deal anymore to buy an i62HD? Would I have these functions working properly? If not, can anyone point me another possible reader?
Thanks a lot!
André
amdreluiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #402
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Buy a kobo.

Long answer: i62 has some annoying bugs which wont be fixed. Sometimes it's not able to merge pdf annotation, sometimes dictionary search is useless (pdf produced by latex)... the hardware is cheap (100€) but has a good quality, I suppose it's one of the best. Software is the real problem. I can read epub and pdf and djvu without any *serious* problem, of course, but lacks of advanced features in modern ereader. Annotations: too many bugs, both during annotating and while exporting. Handwrite: too small screen. This section of the forum is full of problems. In my mind the kobo is the best (but still in my opinion, buy books in your small digital reseller - drm free - not on kobo site).
Cheers
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #403
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
the similar section for kobo is full of problems too, kobo is known for their buggy firmware, dont buy kobo.

the nature and motivation of this theads is, beside explain complex functions, mainly to mention bugs . it doesnt make sense in those kind of threads to talk about how happy is someone with his device.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 AM   #404
amdreluiz
André
amdreluiz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-prsT1
Thank you for the answer. At least I have some more information on this device to reconsider buying it. But one last question. I've been waiting too for the Onyx T68, with android. That is the reason why I didn't buy any yet. Do you guys think it will offer the same functions (but working properly) as with linux? (saving notes, use of stardict etc)
Would it be worth waiting a little bit more? thanks in advance.
amdreluiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 AM   #405
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Point is that, so far, no other company, being small or big, have ebook reader with at least 9.7 inches screen still on the market.
Yo still have Kindle DXG. Not the best tool but at least works fine:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-DX-Wire.../dp/B002GYWHSQ
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote