Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-12-2023, 01:22 PM   #1
wtf101
wtf101 began at the beginning.

Device: ebook
Ok smarties IBooks

Recently I made a grave error and added another device to my icloud. Ever since my Ibooks have had issues. They sometimes disappear and when they reload they are usually missing some books. I am certain these books are still in the icloud because when I restore from a backup they show back up. Finally I dumped the other device but am still having the issue with all my books not loading in ibooks. I have tried the usual suspects:
Hard reset
signing out of icloud and back in
toggling off icloud sync
adding background refresh
deleting app and add it back
I called Apple but I know more than the person who tried to help me.

Any ideas?
wtf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:41 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
iBooks? What old version of iOS are you running?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2023, 07:27 AM   #3
technomom
Enthusiast
technomom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, iPhone 12 mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf101 View Post
Recently I made a grave error and added another device to my icloud. Ever since my Ibooks have had issues. They sometimes disappear and when they reload they are usually missing some books. I am certain these books are still in the icloud because when I restore from a backup they show back up. Finally I dumped the other device but am still having the issue with all my books not loading in ibooks. I have tried the usual suspects:
Hard reset
signing out of icloud and back in
toggling off icloud sync
adding background refresh
deleting app and add it back
I called Apple but I know more than the person who tried to help me.

Any ideas?
FWIW, I have (at least) five devices signed into iCloud under the same Apple ID right now. My iBooks are present and accessible on every device. So there is probably something else going on.

Good luck,
Cyn
technomom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, ibooks, iphone