Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-05-2023, 02:00 AM   #16
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
The mobileread results seem spot on with result #2 being the thread that is needed...
I'm curious about your search terms. I just tried "Polish Books" - in quotes, in the Plugins subdirectory and I didn't anything like your results. I entered that in "Search this forum".

Not even close.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 02:41 AM   #17
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
I'm curious about your search terms.
Any better if you try the screenshot?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	polish1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	204127  
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2023, 10:21 AM   #18
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
I'm curious about your search terms. I just tried "Polish Books" - in quotes, in the Plugins subdirectory and I didn't anything like your results. I entered that in "Search this forum".
One thing is that the Calibre forum has so many subdirectories. And even though logically, it should be in the Plugins subdirectory, there's always the chance it will be somewhere it shouldn't.

So I went to the main Calibre forum and just searched Polish Books like you did. Results weren't super helpful. So instead, I chose Advanced Search, selected Search Titles Only and searched Polish Books. Bingo! It was thread #2.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture 1.PNG
Views:	53
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	204129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.PNG
Views:	49
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	204130  
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 02:56 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Whereas for me, it was pop a new tab open, type my search terms and it simply worked. No having to remember to check the search child forums, etc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 03:41 PM   #20
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Whereas for me, it was pop a new tab open, type my search terms and it simply worked. No having to remember to check the search child forums, etc.
Your way might still be simpler and faster for you, but "search child forums" is selected by default.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2023, 04:02 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Your way might still be simpler and faster for you, but "search child forums" is selected by default.
Really? I just tried opening Advanced Search in the E-Book Software forum and the checkbox for Also search in child forums was not checked. I checked it and did a search. Switched forums to the E-Book Readers forum, opened Advanced Search and the checkbox was not checked. Went back to E-Book Software and still no check mark.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	search_child_forums.png
Views:	45
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	204132  
Old 10-05-2023, 04:33 PM   #22
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Really? I just tried opening Advanced Search in the E-Book Software forum and the checkbox for Also search in child forums was not checked. I checked it and did a search. Switched forums to the E-Book Readers forum, opened Advanced Search and the checkbox was not checked. Went back to E-Book Software and still no check mark.
Yes, really. That is not the forum that I tried before posting, I tried from the calibr forum, so one level deeper. I just checked from E-Book Software, and the box was already checked. I have no explantion for the discrepancy, but that box has always been pre-checked when I go into "Advanced Search".
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:38 PM   #23
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
This works well: Go to Google and search on "polish books site:mobileread.com"
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 05:36 PM   #24
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
This works well: Go to Google and search on "polish books site:mobileread.com"
Yes it does. DNSB mentioned it also. I have used that on occassion also.

I am not trying to imply that is wrong, just helping out a fellow member who may or may not know how to use the native forum search.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 02:16 AM   #25
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I will always use the advanced search from now on.

Thanks, everyone.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 02:54 PM   #26
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No having to remember to check the search child forums, etc.
I didn't check that either. It must be the default. The only setting I changed was telling it to search thread titles only.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:01 PM   #27
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Interesting. I just tested from 6 different browsers over 1 physical and 3 virtual machines. In none of those was the search child forums checkbox pre-checked. Perhaps a web dev might be able to explain what's going on.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:10 PM   #28
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Here's a screenshot of what advanced search looks like for me. I thought maybe it was specific to Calibre, so I switched over to Other Ebook Readers and got the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	204138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	204139  
Old 10-06-2023, 03:15 PM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist

And I am still left wondering why I do not see the box checked.
Old 10-15-2023, 02:39 AM   #30
Catanita
Catanita began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Polish is not a (user) Plugin.
It is BUILT IN. The Icon is a hand broom (duster).
You may need to add it to a toolbar via Preferences: Toolbars & menus:
I've just joined up and often see The Ducks so I thought I'd stick my neck out and ask you how on earth do you use this website? Where do I post a question? That is, where do I actually type a question? Thank you for your understanding.
Catanita is offline   Reply With Quote