Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-04-2023, 12:05 PM   #76
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
If you have boxes to give away, I found posting on Buy Nothing and Marketplace, particularly if you have genres like historical fiction, scifi or fantasy.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 02:23 AM   #77
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
I may have hording issue with ebooks. I have 150 books plus on kendal, some of them are series of books. Other ebooks, probally 400 books and still counting?.
If you think 550 books is indicative of a potential hoarding problem:

* A 500 volume home library increase the educational level of a child by three grades;
* In the field I'm studying, a working professional library has at least ten thousand volumes;
* In my avocation a 5,000 volume ready reference library is par for the course;
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2023, 05:44 PM   #78
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I have over 7000 books in my Calibre library. 962 of them are physical books, the others are eBooks.

Of those, ~3700 are fanfictions. ~2400 of thoseare one shots (one-chapter fics, think short stories). I should mention that I download every fanfic I read - insurance against the stories getting pulled down.

Of the rest, ~2000 are fiction, ~600 are nonfiction, ~350 are manuals and documentation (including my beloved Prima Game Guides), and the remaining ~200 are various miscellanea classified as 'magazines & publications'.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-13-2023 at 06:17 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:14 PM   #79
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
I thought my close to a thousand or more including Kendal, Audible, and Books I found in the wild was allot. The three programs I own on my desktop, and the two on my phone, and the 6 text to speech voices I bought for my desktop was a big insane. I mean really, no WAY will I ever read all the books I have before my time on this earth is over. I am 58 years old.

Then throw in the two ways of finding pretty much everything online for the most part. I thought It was just a bit much. After seeing some replies to the threads, looks like I am in good company, you guys have WAY more than I do.

Nice thing is, if the book I start does not get my attention in a chapter or two at the most, I will simply move on to another. I go through my phases, I will read a ton, then take a break for a week or two, then do it all again.

I just bought a huge box set of ghost stories on kendal, it was a dollar. Most my books I buy are under 5 bucks. I do have mine mostly organized. By Authors allong with a text file to tell me what the book is about. Then I have bios, and wrestling bios, and rock star bios, then books in series that I love.

Fun fact, I did find a web site, thats free, that I can turn like a three part series into one large ebook. Just google it, its there and works great.

Thanks for all the replies, this has been a fun thread. You all have a nice day.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 03:55 PM   #80
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle, not Kendal.
Advert
Old 09-20-2023, 04:33 PM   #81
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Kendal books are minty and crunchy?

Quote:
Kendal Mint Cake is popular among climbers and mountaineers, especially those from the United Kingdom, as a source of energy
Sold in Irish camping gear shops in tins.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 05:52 PM   #82
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm wondering if someone can help me: I tried shoving the Kendal cake into my Kindle, but my god! Talk about a mess. The charging slot isn't big enough! This is obviously a plot hatched by Amazon, probably on a chicken farm in Arkansas!

Well, enough levity. Back to ill feelings and argumentative analyses! In other threads, of course!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 06:11 PM   #83
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
If you have boxes to give away, I found posting on Buy Nothing and Marketplace, particularly if you have genres like historical fiction, scifi or fantasy.
You can not resell ebooks
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 07:02 PM   #84
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
You can not resell ebooks
You also can't put eBooks in boxes either. (Well, you can put eReaders or hard drives filled with eBooks into boxes, but that's stretching.) It's referring to physical books.