Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-11-2023, 06:51 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Titles added to library notification with Libby?

I've tagged books with the "Notify Me" and I don't seem to be getting notifications when tagged books are added to my libraries.

I think I was getting them when I had notifications for app only. I changed that for email (and app) a while back, and now I'm not getting notifications for tagged titles added to my libraries.

Are people getting these notifications through e-mail?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 12:26 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am getting Libby notifications from the iOS Libby app.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2023, 02:58 PM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
I was shocked when I received an email notification a couple days ago. Up until then I thought Libby Notify was broken. I think I've received one notification on the iOS app, but I never get a badge icon, which is annoying. I'm still not convinced it's working consistently. May be hit or miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I've tagged books with the "Notify Me" and I don't seem to be getting notifications when tagged books are added to my libraries.

I think I was getting them when I had notifications for app only. I changed that for email (and app) a while back, and now I'm not getting notifications for tagged titles added to my libraries.

Are people getting these notifications through e-mail?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 08:45 PM   #4
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I sometimes get the emails, sometimes not.

I've tried to get into the habit of clicking on the notifications on the Libby website (the little bell) whenever I go to add another book as "notify me." I installed the app on my phone but still lhaven't gotten around to opening it. I still mostly use the Overdrive website.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:56 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Checking the new titles added to one of my libraries on the Overdrive site, there were 3 titles added that were tagged (Notify Me) on Libby and no Libby app notification or email.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert