Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-20-2022, 07:02 AM   #16
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Unfortunately, it appears that the cost is $4.99 each month.
All the core functionality is free, including buddy reads. The Plus option is just that, "plus" - offering extra functionality if desired
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:22 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To give SG a proper use, I'll need to delete all of my books and import again from Goodreads. The problem is that most of the versions of my books is wrong, It's due to SG not having the correct versions in the database back then. Should be OK now.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-20-2022 at 09:43 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still finding a lot of errors even when the listing has the correct ISBN. This is going to take a long time to fix. But I plan to get my library fixed.
Old 10-20-2022, 02:13 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Moderator Notice
Jon, this is not the "problems I'm having (going to have) trying to get set up on StoryGraph" thread. This is a networking thread for people to share StoryGraph usernames with other Mobileread members. Please save your complaints for other "howto" threads, please.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:44 PM   #20
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Jon, are you interested in sharing your username in SG and/or adding friends?
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2022, 05:05 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Jon, are you interested in sharing your username in SG and/or adding friends?
Thanks. My SG username is jswolf.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-21-2022 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:53 AM   #22
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Jon, this is not the "problems I'm having (going to have) trying to get set up on StoryGraph" thread. This is a networking thread for people to share StoryGraph usernames with other Mobileread members. Please save your complaints for other "howto" threads, please.
Thanks for trying.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:01 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Anyone else on StoryGraph want to share his/her username?
Old 10-21-2022, 12:03 PM   #24
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I could be interested. I’ve had no experience of StoryGraph but would be willing to take a look; I know there are those who prefer it to Goodreads. A “public” reading challenge might be what I need actually to complete an annual challenge; I have not been at all successful with them in recent years.
Are you looking for something specific like numbers/subjects or just total books?
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 03:22 AM   #25
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
All the core functionality is free, including buddy reads. The Plus option is just that, "plus" - offering extra functionality if desired
Yep For example: All users can accept invitations to buddy reads, and can start buddy reads for any books they choose and invite both specific users and users suggested by the algorithm.
Plus users can start buddy reads where they enter a list of specific users, and the algorithm suggests books for those people to read together. (I'm not sure how good this algorithm is, could be fun to try if there are a few users who'd want to do it with me.)
hildea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 04:22 AM   #26
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Would anyone like to participate in a 2023 Reading Challenge Thread? I know there is/was a number of Goodreads group reads at one point, so I am seeing if there is any interest for those who have left GR.
I'd be interested in a challenge with prompts for types of books to read. I'm not interested in one that's just number of books or number of pages.

I'm (kind of) participating in this one now. ("Kind of" because there's a bingo card that's meant to be posted on Twitter, and I haven't done that in ages.) I like the type of prompts, but I miss somewhere to talk about the books. It doesn't look as if there's much talk about it on Twitter, although that could be the search algorithm being messed up.

What about combining a reading challenge and book club?
We could make a challenge with a limited number of prompts -- say no more than a dozen -- and start a thread for each prompt in the reading club forum. People in the thread would read different books (so we should go easy on the spoilers), but there could still be interesting discussions to be had. I remember some people saying that the nomination threads were the best parts of the book clubs, this way the club would be all nomination threads
Old 10-23-2022, 04:32 AM   #27
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
I'd be interested in a challenge with prompts for types of books to read
You can browse the Reading Challenges at TSG. Click on "Reading Challenges" then "Browse" then select the ones that appeal - the Read the World and Onboarding were both interesting for me this year
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	challenges.png
Views:	2395
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	197324  
Old 10-23-2022, 10:27 AM   #28
hildea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
You can browse the Reading Challenges at TSG. Click on "Reading Challenges" then "Browse" then select the ones that appeal - the Read the World and Onboarding were both interesting for me this year
Thanks, I haven't thought about checking that one, for some reason!
Old 10-24-2022, 11:18 AM   #29
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I am also thinking about giving StoryGraph a try. Can I save quotes and annotations of my books?
PunkyKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 03:16 PM   #30
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyKoopa View Post
I am also thinking about giving StoryGraph a try. Can I save quotes and annotations of my books?
There's a reading journal where can you enter notes etc as you read, I don't think there's an export function yet.