Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Wireless server option no longer present

I'm using v2.37.1 and I noticed since I upgraded to Windows 10 (with v2.35) that there is no longer a wireless server option under Connect/Share, just a Content Sever option. Calibre Companion connects fine to the content server but of course I can't connect to the wireless server.

Stumped. Any ideas? Thanks.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukin View Post
I'm using v2.37.1 and I noticed since I upgraded to Windows 10 (with v2.35) that there is no longer a wireless server option under Connect/Share, just a Content Sever option. Calibre Companion connects fine to the content server but of course I can't connect to the wireless server.

Stumped. Any ideas? Thanks.
Start Wireless device connection (red ball) is there on My W10. Has been and is still there (2.37.1). And it really does work
Stop Wireless device connection (Green ball), if it is running (possibly from the always start setting)

A DEBUG LOG would be nice
Preferences: Restart in debug mode

please Wrap it in Spoiler tags when you post
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The only way I know of to remove the wireless device from the connect/share menu is to disable the "smartdevice app interface" plugin in Preferences / Plugins / Device Interface Plugins.

Try running calibre in debug mode (Preferences / Restart in debug mode -- or something like that) to see if the smartdevice plugin attempts to start.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The only way I know of to remove the wireless device from the connect/share menu is to disable the "smartdevice app interface" plugin in Preferences / Plugins / Device Interface Plugins.

Try running calibre in debug mode (Preferences / Restart in debug mode -- or something like that) to see if the smartdevice plugin attempts to start.
Brilliant! Nailed it. Thank you!! And thanks to the rest of you for your responses.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote