Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
jtzarbs
jtzarbs began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Cybook Battery Charge Before Loading

Hi, I'm new here. I just bought a Cybook Gen3 and love it already. I was working on files I had saved on the device, and reformatting others on my computer's hard-drive, when I notice that the device shut off (went to sleep), and had begun charging. I could no longer work with the memory.

So, since I just got it yesterday, and it was fully charged, and I hadn't really read anything yet, just played with some menus and stuff, I assume that the device begins charging even when it is partly discharged.

How long does it take to re-charge, when it is only partly discharged?
Will this happen everytime I connect the device to my computer?
Can I allow it to charge, and still access the memory?
Can I prevent it charging to access the memory - like when I'm in a hurry?

Also: I forgot to order the cover. Will a third party cover work, will the kindle or sony cover work? it's so expensive to order from France.

Also: I'm in Canada. Thanks eh!

Julie
jtzarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
It turns itself off if you don't press any key for some time, to save energy.
You can turn off this saving energy mode in Options somewhere.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzarbs View Post
Hi, I'm new here. I just bought a Cybook Gen3 and love it already. I was working on files I had saved on the device, and reformatting others on my computer's hard-drive, when I notice that the device shut off (went to sleep), and had begun charging. I could no longer work with the memory.

So, since I just got it yesterday, and it was fully charged, and I hadn't really read anything yet, just played with some menus and stuff, I assume that the device begins charging even when it is partly discharged.

How long does it take to re-charge, when it is only partly discharged?
Will this happen everytime I connect the device to my computer?
Can I allow it to charge, and still access the memory?
Can I prevent it charging to access the memory - like when I'm in a hurry?

Also: I forgot to order the cover. Will a third party cover work, will the kindle or sony cover work? it's so expensive to order from France.

Also: I'm in Canada. Thanks eh!

Julie
the introduce yourself page is probably not the best place for advice on technical problems. there is a whole forum section devoted to the Cybook. The cover needs to be custom for the device, again it is covered in the Cybook forum.

Welcome to the mobileread community. Be sure and check the forums you are interested in.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote