Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-06-2023, 06:07 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Best template for tracking books read

Between Boox Note Air 2 plus, Scribe, and Elipsa can Someone recommend me a template that would be good for keeping track of the books I read and maybe will allow me to leave a few notes. I want to be more organized in 2024.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 08:06 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Between Boox Note Air 2 plus, Scribe, and Elipsa can Someone recommend me a template that would be good for keeping track of the books I read and maybe will allow me to leave a few notes. I want to be more organized in 2024.
You could start tracking your eBooks on The StoryGraph. Please you could take part in the 2024 MobileRead reading challenge.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 08:44 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ya But I want to do it on my own device. And not have to log in to this site every time.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:46 AM   #4
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2710.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	204143
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 03:46 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I think you mentioned you don't like Calibre? It can read Kobo ereader book status. You'd have to update status of Boox Note Air 2 plus and Scribe manually.

I have Book status and % read columns on Calibre.

Personally I'd only read PDF books too big for 7″ or 8″ screen on a 10″+ size screen. Weight & pocket size!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 11:44 AM   #6
HLS
Wizard

Actually disregard. I found a way to create my own Scribe Templates
Old 10-07-2023, 11:45 AM   #7
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I think you mentioned you don't like Calibre? It can read Kobo ereader book status. You'd have to update status of Boox Note Air 2 plus and Scribe manually.

I have Book status and % read columns on Calibre.

Personally I'd only read PDF books too big for 7″ or 8″ screen on a 10″+ size screen. Weight & pocket size!
I hate Calibre but Calibre has nothing to do with what I was asking for.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:18 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ya But I want to do it on my own device. And not have to log in to this site every time.
But this is portable.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:19 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Why do you hate the best program for dealing with eBooks ever created?
Old 10-07-2023, 01:35 PM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I knew you'd write that. But most people would find Calibre on a Laptop an "on device tracking".

Your complications is 3 incompatible ecosystems and hating Calibre. If you only read ebooks on one device the device would track (except some of the more stupidly designed apps and ereaders).

It's possible to even create a catalogue from Calibre (with whatever content desired) and make that into a PDF that can be annotated direct on Elipsa (or on Sage), or "sent" to Amazon for Scribe and come back as KFX for annotation. Both options far more use than a "template".
Old 10-07-2023, 01:43 PM   #11
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I knew you'd write that. But most people would find Calibre on a Laptop an "on device tracking".

Your complications is 3 incompatible ecosystems and hating Calibre. If you only read ebooks on one device the device would track (except some of the more stupidly designed apps and ereaders).

It's possible to even create a catalogue from Calibre (with whatever content desired) and make that into a PDF that can be annotated direct on Elipsa (or on Sage), or "sent" to Amazon for Scribe and come back as KFX for annotation. Both options far more use than a "template".

That sounds harder than it needs to be. I used Excel to create a template. Used snipping tool to put it in a word doc and add an image for the front page. Used an online free tool to convert to pdf. Sent to kindle. I also sent to Goodnotes if I decide to use my ipad. I don't use Calibre. I have not used it in years.

Last edited by HLS; 10-07-2023 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 04:29 PM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
That sounds harder than it needs to be. I used Excel to create a template. Used snipping tool to put it in a word doc and add an image for the front page. Used an online free tool to convert to pdf. Sent to kindle …
That sounds really complicated!

Your version of Word doesn't have PDF export? I thought that was built in now.
I added that as a free plug-in to 2002 Version and LO Writer has perfect PDF Export, maybe since it forked from Open Office.

What does Excel do for this?

Edit:
Create catalogue. Practically 3 clicks.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/catalogs.html
Then convert the epub to PDF. It's slow if you add descriptions & thumbnails (I've 6570 titles, but some are data or reference PDFs, not ebooks. About 90% PD).

Edit 2:
PDF output lets you set "paper size" to suit the ereader (Sage, reMarkable, Elipsa, Scribe, Meebook, Boox etc with Digtiser) or app (iPad/Android with Digitiser) resolution/size. I picked either A5 or 6″x9″, I forget which.

Edit 3:
Calibre Epub to PDF conversion is far too slow for this. Convert to docx (set output page size & margins), open in LO Writer or Word and export to PDF.

Last edited by Quoth; 10-08-2023 at 07:51 AM.