Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Empty battery, EZReader beeping

I haven't used the EZReader for months, and the battery was depleted.
I plugged it into the wall and it started beeping.

ALso the light switches from red, orange to green (orange = red and green together).

I managed to plug it in and boot it; but wonder if the changing R/O/G colors and beeping have anything to do with a bad battery?
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I think I've had that problem with my BeBooks. I just left them on the charger overnight and things seem to have sorted themselves out without further problems.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I haven't used the EZReader for months, and the battery was depleted.
I plugged it into the wall and it started beeping.

ALso the light switches from red, orange to green (orange = red and green together).

I managed to plug it in and boot it; but wonder if the changing R/O/G colors and beeping have anything to do with a bad battery?
That is the 'Very low Battery' warning.
Charge (using the supplied charger. Using a USB port could take a full day) for at least 14Hrs. Best wait for the 'Fully Charged' symbol (a power plug).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Left it charging for like 2 days, completely forgot about it;
It does seem like it recharged the battery, though I don't know how long the batt will hold.
I've currently got 4 ebook readers, and can barely find time to read with one.
Bad investment?
Perhaps...
Old 02-01-2018, 12:11 PM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac

After what seems like 4 years, my ereader still boots up, but with empty battery sign.
I plug it in USB port, without success.
Plug it in charger, and the light is intermittent orange (blinks once for about .75 seconds, every three seconds).

Where can I find replacement batteries?
The battery isn't blown up, and seems to be functioning, but I don't think I'll get a lot of charge out of it!
Old 02-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #6
ProDigit
Karmaniac

For future reference, I found a website going into the details on the EzReader or the LBook V3 variants (they seem to use the exact same type of battery, type V5-364560):

https://e-ink-reader.ru/batt_en.php

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-01-2018 at 04:14 PM.