Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #1171
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
When you buy a black-listed Kindle, you get what you deserve.
No one has (yet) successfully managed to gain access to the serial port functions, so until that happens, there is no repair possible.
Just remove the battery now to prevent over discharging and wait until someone figures out how to gain access to the serial port functions.
OR
just ebay it to somebody else.

Last edited by knc1; 12-10-2019 at 10:24 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #1172
arina.surkova.94
arina.surkova.94 began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
When you buy a black-listed Kindle, you get what you deserve.
No one has (yet) successfully managed to gain access to the serial port functions, so until that happens, there is no repair possible.
Just remove the battery now to prevent over discharging and wait until someone figures out how to gain access to the serial port functions.
OR
just ebay it to somebody else.
No, it's not blacklisted device with previous user working(not yet) account.
arina.surkova.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #1173
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arina.surkova.94 View Post
No, it's not blacklisted device with previous user working(not yet) account.
You can't know if it is blacklisted until you try to add it to your Amazon account.
If you have added it to your Amazon account, then you know what the serial number is, since it is listed on your Amazon account.

I.E:
*) You post that you do not know the device's serial number...
*) So you have not added it to your Amazon account...
*) Which means you can not tell if it is blacklisted or not.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #1174
arina.surkova.94

Quote:
*) Which means you can not tell if it is blacklisted or not.
It comes not cleared with prev user active account.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #1175
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
It comes not cleared with prev user active account.
None of which matters here because we do not have the information required to support de-bricking that model device.

PS: "KT3" is not the same as the "K3" listed in the topic line here.
You are in the wrong thread for your device.

Last edited by knc1; 12-10-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:40 PM   #1176
arina.surkova.94

Quote:
None of which matters here because we do not have the information required to support de-bricking that model device.

PS: "KT3" is not the same as the "K3" listed in the topic line here.
You are in the wrong thread for your device.
Yes, I know, but didn't find thred which can help me.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #1177
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Yes, I know, but didn't find thred which can help me.
Upper left of first page is a button labeled: "New Thread".
Press that one.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #1178
vlamark
Junior Senior Member
vlamark began at the beginning.

Device: K2 & K5
Hello, I have Kindle Touch and TTS on it was not working. I've tried many things, even contacted Amazon, but nothing helped. So I tried with Kubrick, however, I was able to restore old firmware but partition with books and TTS is unavailable - requires formating.
EDIT: It appears that it is fully functional, but I can't mount it on pc, hence I can't update fw or upload books, so my K5 is as good as bricked.
EDIT2: I've found the way to upload books from Calibre web server through Experimental web browser, so it is definitely something wrong with formatting of partition that should have been fat32. If at least there was a way to push other files on it, I would be pushing update.bin-s on it

Help me please

Last edited by vlamark; 01-25-2020 at 01:27 PM.
vlamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #1179
ytsejam1138
ytsejam1138 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage and PW3
Thanks for this. I just picked up a Kindle 4 (silver) and everytime I would turn WiFi on it would freeze. After running through Kubrick and reflashing everything, the Kindle now works again with WiFi enabled.
ytsejam1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:36 PM   #1180
Baelzar
Baelzar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Need help with "usb download mode" on an old Kindle 4 wifi.

It's not bricked, but apparently someone did a screensaver hack on it, so it won't accept updates past 4.0.1.

I finally got Kubrick to work on an older laptop with CD, but it's asking me to get the Kindle 4 into "usb downloader mode" and either I'm doing it wrong or Kubrick isn't sensing it. It's stuck at "waiting for device."

-I wait until Kubrick tells me to connect the Kindle
-I connect the Kindle, LED is green
-I hold down the power button until the green light turns off
-I keep the power button down and also press the down button on the 5-way (the edge towards the bottom of the kindle)
-The amber LED comes on immediately
-I let go of the down button
-I let go of the power button

Light is still amber, Kubrick is still waiting for device. Any help?
Baelzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:31 AM   #1181
Baelzar
Baelzar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ha. The solution to my problem was dig out an old laptop from 2007 and use that. I guess my newer laptop confused Kubrick with it's strange USB ports? Anyway: USE OLD HARDWARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baelzar View Post
Need help with "usb download mode" on an old Kindle 4 wifi.

It's not bricked, but apparently someone did a screensaver hack on it, so it won't accept updates past 4.0.1.

I finally got Kubrick to work on an older laptop with CD, but it's asking me to get the Kindle 4 into "usb downloader mode" and either I'm doing it wrong or Kubrick isn't sensing it. It's stuck at "waiting for device."

-I wait until Kubrick tells me to connect the Kindle
-I connect the Kindle, LED is green
-I hold down the power button until the green light turns off
-I keep the power button down and also press the down button on the 5-way (the edge towards the bottom of the kindle)
-The amber LED comes on immediately
-I let go of the down button
-I let go of the power button

Light is still amber, Kubrick is still waiting for device. Any help?
Baelzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:10 AM   #1182
ardyles
ardyles began at the beginning.

Device: ardyles
kindle keyboard with inside live but no outside.

hi! I have a kndle keyboard 3gener.
It started a day that it lost the advance in the book I was reading, what was very annoying. The next day it didn´t switcho off more.
Amazon, sent me two procedures (try to update, insert a void file to restore and other but neither worked).
So I found your kubrick link(amazing!) and I have installed for it three vesions of k3 image (the bigger and the slim both from dvd and cd) and the third from the image in the usb. All three finished ok. Telling me to press 30 seconds on the switch, because the process have finished ok.
But the kindl doesn´make any. Don´t wake (it's in the birds screen).
kindle even the computers and calibre recogniza it and they are capable of insertirg boooks and see it as and usb with his directories.
I have noted that when I insert some updates, it makes something because they dissapear from the roor (where I put it). So, it has live inside, but it's a brick outside. Do you know what is happening? (i know the difference between downoadin and normal mode).
Thanks in advance.
ardyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #1183
Sonicchild86
Sonicchild86 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NoTouch Silver (K4)
Kubrick unbricking a Kindle 4 No Touch Silver

Hey,

After finally figuring out how to run Kubrick (unsuccessfully on usb drive) via cd drive, I have encountered a problem that means I am unable to use the software with my Kindle. I get to the main screen of Kubrick (colourful etc) and my keyboard will work then, but as soon as I get onto the instructions page my keyboard will not work, at first I thought it was my wireless keyboard as this isn't always reliable, but I've now plugged in a wired keyboard to find the same issue occurs. Please could someone point me in the right direction so that I can try to unbrick my Kindle 4. Thank you,

Ellie
Sonicchild86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:54 PM   #1184
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The usual answer is to dig-up an old PS/2 keyboard (... and a computer with a PS/2 port ).

Barring that, an old, dumb USB keyboard, not a fancy thing that happens to break the HID protocol nine ways to Sunday.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:35 AM   #1185
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The usual answer is to dig-up an old PS/2 keyboard (... and a computer with a PS/2 port ).

Barring that, an old, dumb USB keyboard, not a fancy thing that happens to break the HID protocol nine ways to Sunday.
I use a PS/2 keyboard here via a PS/2 to USB adapter, so that should also be an option on a system without a PS/2 port.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote