Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 03:37 AM   #1
prashantsingh
prashantsingh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
help in converting epub to mobi in calibre to read in kindle paperwhite

i am posting two seprate files, the file named p are easily converted in to mobi format and readable in kindle. while the files named h are converting in mobi format and also readable in computer but not in kindle. I tried to convert many times but of no use. I tried to change font also. Tried various fonts like mangal, kruti, devlys etc but of no use. If i convert these file to azw3i format and add font in kindle by adding a seprate folder in it(Read about it on internet) i can read both files but they are not properly readable as some words are not correctly detected by kindle. I am posting my question first time in this forum so excuse me if i made any mistake in describing my problem
Attached Files
File Type: epub h (2).epub (1.87 MB, 175 views)
File Type: epub p (3).epub (2.35 MB, 166 views)
prashantsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:53 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Forget Mobi even exists. It's an old obsolete format. Convert to KF8 (AZW3) instead and try that. Another thing is to error check the ePub with epubcheck before converting. There is an Editor plugin for epubcheck.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 06:31 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should convert to azw3 and embed the needed fonts using the embed referenced fonts setting in the look & feel section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantsingh View Post
i am posting two seprate files, the file named p are easily converted in to mobi format and readable in kindle. while the files named h are converting in mobi format and also readable in computer but not in kindle.
The source files in h (2).epub are not encoded as UTF-8 files. They're most likely ISCII files. (The embedded font is Walkman-Chanakya-905.) You'll need to use an ISCII to Unicode converter like this one, but for HTML files and convert each HTML file in the epub. For example:

before:

Quote:
<p class="caption"><span class="char-style-override-9">vkS”kkjksa dh lwph esa bu fp=kksa osQ uke pquks&amp;g¡fl;k] oqQYgkM+h] vkSj l¡M+lhA</span></p>
after:

Quote:
<p class="caption"><span class="char-style-override-9">औजारों की सूची में इन चित्रें के नाम चुनो-ंउचयहँसिया, कुल्हाड़ी, और सँड़सी।</span></p>
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:12 AM   #5
prashantsingh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The source files in h (2).epub are not encoded as UTF-8 files. They're most likely ISCII files. (The embedded font is Walkman-Chanakya-905.) You'll need to use an ISCII to Unicode converter like this one, but for HTML files and convert each HTML file in the epub. For example:

before:

after:
Ok i understood what you said the problem is that the file is typed using ISCIi but i have a book of around 200 pages and it has the same problem how can i convert all with copy pasting the data. Can you suggest any software for converting it. Thanks for the reply.
Advert
Old 04-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #6
prashantsingh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You should convert to azw3 and embed the needed fonts using the embed referenced fonts setting in the look & feel section of the conversion dialog.
I tried this also but when I embed font and transfer books i need to change to publisher font which needs to be in kindle already. For that I did that method of installing fonts in kindle. But even after that hindi text is not perfectly correct as it is seen in kindle previewer and calibre dnt know the reason. I have taken the font file from epub file itself and it is same as the source document. Some words are broken in between some words are misread etc. So i tried to convert it to kfx format while converting to kfx it gives some errors and if I am able to convert it sometimes not always, it will again miss read some of the words but the work breaking problem will go.

Last edited by prashantsingh; 04-14-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:09 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are using non-unicode fonts, which is what you seem to be doing then you are likely to run into various issues, because font-fallback will not work. Convert your text to unicode/utf-8 and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote