Old 03-08-2018, 01:39 AM   #1
drdancm
Enthusiast
drdancm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Custom Metadata Window Size Increase ?

FEATURE REQUEST
( Windows 7 64 bit version)

I'm extremely happy with Calibre and have only, what I hope is a simple request.

The Custom Metadata Tab shows
Genre:
When you click on the little triangle on the right, the menu opens to show a maximum of 6 lines, but I have a lot more Genres than that.

Would it be possible to have it open to show the maximum amount permitted by the entire Edit Metadata Window?

It would really speed up Metadata assignment to be able to see more items without having to scroll.

Thanks !

Dan
drdancm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
UNfrtunately no, Qt (the toolkit calibre uses) does not have a way to do that. I suggest that instead you first type in the first couple of letters of the genre you want to restrict the number of items in the list, instead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2018, 02:37 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@drdancm - the Job Spy plugin has a "Edit Metadata Dropdowns - Increase Visible Items to 100" tool, you could give that a try.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:28 AM   #4
drdancm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
UNfrtunately no, Qt (the toolkit calibre uses) does not have a way to do that. I suggest that instead you first type in the first couple of letters of the genre you want to restrict the number of items in the list, instead.
I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for the quick response.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 03-21-2018, 12:31 AM   #5
drdancm
Enthusiast

JobSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@drdancm - the Job Spy plugin has a "Edit Metadata Dropdowns - Increase Visible Items to 100" tool, you could give that a try.

BR
I applied the PlugIn, but I don't know if I'm supposed to change some parameter, and if so, how ?

Thanks,

Dan
Advert
Old 03-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdancm View Post
I applied the PlugIn, but I don't know if I'm supposed to change some parameter, and if so, how ?
Ask in the JS plugin thread

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #7
drdancm
Enthusiast

Smile JobSpy - Does the JOB ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Ask in the JS plugin thread

BR
I figured it out. The way it works is that, immediately to the right of the usual Triangle Icon for opening the scrolling window, there is a new ICON which shows 3 blue lines, each with a label 1 2 3

sort of like this

1 ___
2 ___
3 ___

Once you click it, a long new Window opens up where you can see the available tags. It's much longer than the one built into Calibre, plus typing the first 2 characters of the tag you want to see in the Filter will bring up all instances.

This solves my problem really nicely.

Thanks to BETTER RED for suggesting this solution !!!!

Dan

Tags
feature request, metadata genre window