Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Trying to find if Herbert Roese is in PD

One of my projects that I've been working on ,mostly off for the last while, are the Thorne Smith books. Many of his books were illustrated by Herbert Roese. Smith is is the public domain but I have not been able to turn up any information on Roese. I'm certain that he is PD is life+50 countries but I don't know about life +70.

If Roese is PD for life+70, I'll finish the books and post them with the illustrations, otherwise, I'll just check the books against the images of the books. I hope that the rest of the books are better than the version of "The Stray Lamb" that are floating about.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:12 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If we can find no year of death for a person, we have to assume he/she died the year his/her last work was published. Mr. Roese seems to have been active in the 1930's and 1940's, and although there are some later works listed in http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?87477, they seem to be reprints. I would guess his last published work dates from around 1943, and therefore I would allow books with his illustrations to be posted in the library, until I see further evidence.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Thank you!

The last publication that I know of was his illustrations for "I Married a Witch" which was first published in '41. I see that Norman Matson who completed it died in '66 so that the last Thorne Smith may (or may not now) go into the public domain here in 2017, 2037 in the rest of the world.

I'll get to work on the illustrated Smith books. Hope to have them done by the end of the year.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote