Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
thematelot
thematelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Hello from Sony's latest mug!

Hi Everyone,

I have always been an avid reader so, with the prospect of a 3 month tour to Goa coming up, decided that an ereader would be infinitely preferable to a suitcase full of paperbacks!

I bought Sony becuase of their reputation for reliability and general quality merchandise although I am led to believe there may be better readers out there.

Book hunting has now become a real sport and when trying to find your favourite authors is about as difficult as deer stalking.

Hoping to get lots of tips from the resident professors on here though!
thematelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello thematelot, and Click image for larger version

Name:	swinging.gif
Views:	173
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	39970 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi thematelot and welcome to MobileRead. I've been able to find most the authors I wanted.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:04 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hello there, Matelot. Bon voyage. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #5
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Welcome and enjoy your Sony reader. I'm loving mine. Best purchase I've made in years.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hello & welcome to MR. Lots of tips, reading recommendations, friendly chat here.

Goa? haven't been there yet. Now that you not taking the books, is there room for me in your backpack?
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:48 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #8
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Welcome! I'm sure that you will be able to find most of the books that you are looking for. Be sure to check out the public domain books on the MobileRead site. I, personally, wouldn't trade my Sony reader for anything. Have a nice trip to Goa! My old neighbours were from Goa, and I understand that it is beautiful.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
... I, personally, wouldn't trade my Sony reader for anything. ...

Ah. I bet I could find something you'd trade for.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
coricam
Zealot
coricam has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coricam has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coricam has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coricam has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.coricam has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 und PRS-T2
Hi thematelot, welcome to the MR. I'm new here as well and yet found a lot of books here , nice people and good tips.
Enjoy your trip to Goa!
coricam is offline   Reply With Quote