Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #136
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I wouldn't say it's too big for a 350, no -- the 650 I find a slightly tight fit.

You can fold the cover back, although I read with it open like a book. The velcro'ing gives a bit of space where I can tuck the closure thong behind the device itself to keep it out of the way.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:11 AM   #137
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Sorry for bumping this old thread. Just curious, if it's possible to make an Oberon cover for Sony 650?
They have no plans to make covers for the Sony 650, as of yet. I ordered an Oberon cover made for the Sony 600 series and initially used velcro fasteners. I have since switched to using heavy duty double sided tape to fasten the reader to the cover. There is about a 1/4 of an inch all around the reader so its not an 'exact and perfect' fit but it perfect for my needs.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 AM   #138
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbfoot View Post
Okay, I'm drooling over the Bold Celtic in black. Has anyone used one on a 650? If so, how did you attach the reader?
I chose 'Celtic Hounds' in wine and i just love how it looks.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #139
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbfoot View Post
Okay, I'm drooling over the Bold Celtic in black. Has anyone used one on a 650? If so, how did you attach the reader?
I used regular, not industrial, velcro on each corner - as I was a bit concerned about the velcro adhesive's actual glue damaging the device back and/or the cover, the velcro is actually glued onto a strip of duct tape at each contact, never to either surface directly. It's definitely a secure placement, separating the reader from the cover would take specific exertion. Moreover, the front cover design panel is rather stiff, and the Sony screen recessed, so they don't come in contact.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #140
iain_benson
Connoisseur
iain_benson began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
I have a 600 cover, but have now upgraded to a 650. I find that the 650 fits it fine, the elasticated strap holds it quite snug against the 3 leather straps. No need for velcro or any other extra fastenings.
iain_benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #141
pikelet
girl from oz
pikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300, Cybook Gen3
I'm using the Oberon journal cover for my 650, attached by velcro dots.
I was a bit worried about protecting the screen, so I glued some felt onto a piece of card and keep that tucked in the front cover for extra padding, as shown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0625.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	60284   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0626.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	60285  
pikelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #142
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
If anyone is interested, I would encourage you to email the company. Here is the reply that I received recently....

Hi Joe,
Thanks for contacting us. As of now we do not have any plans on the table to make covers for the new line of sony e readers (350, 650, 950). However, if we continue to get requests for them, it will be something that we would want to consider.
Thanks for your interest.
Amy
Oberon Design
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #143
soloist66
Enthusiast
soloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle PW11, iPad Air
Thanks for posting those pics,SeaBookGuy. You have inspired me to take matters into my own hands. I'm gotten two cases so far -- and I'm not really liking either. Neither are designed for the PRS-650 (and are therefore a tad big--Case Logic, Tuff-Luv) and each has some other flaw that I find annoying (case design requires removal to access ports, not so good quality of leather). I think the Oberon journal/velcro solution will address all my niggles nicely! Many thanks again!
soloist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #144
soloist66
Enthusiast
soloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Oberon Small Journal on Sony PRS-650

I finally have some time to upload pics of my eReader cover. I took a small Oberon Journal and "adapted" a la industrial velco. Following another DIY'er's suggestion, I first covered the back of the PRS-650 with black electrical tape and then adhered the velcro to the tape in the event I should ever have any regrets...

The small journal is a perfect fit for the PRS-650. And I have not seen any issues -- the device is very securely attached. The only thing that bothered me initially was that it involved me attaching Velcro to the beautiful leather case...but I overcame that once I saw some pics for certain Oberon covers specifically designed for the Kindle -- that also used industrial velcro.

Many thanks to MR'ers for the great tips and recommendations for this solution!.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000361.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	63982   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000364.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	617.1 KB
ID:	63983   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000365.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	924.1 KB
ID:	63984   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000356.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	63985  
Old 01-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #145
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Is your cover red, or brown, I can't quite distinguish?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #146
soloist66
Enthusiast

It is a Saddle Brown colored cover. And I think the color has deepened with handling.