Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Post 8 GB Flash Card

After reading a thread here I've bought a couple of 8 Gb flash cards, along with 4 Gb and 2 Gb cards.

In the Device Manager it shows 3.82 Gb of free space for both the 4 Gb card and both of the 8 Gb cards (none of which have data on them).

Is this a bug in the new software, or is that the limit of storage?
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
After reading a thread here I've bought a couple of 8 Gb flash cards, along with 4 Gb and 2 Gb cards.

In the Device Manager it shows 3.82 Gb of free space for both the 4 Gb card and both of the 8 Gb cards (none of which have data on them).

Have a read of this: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Iliad_Memorycards_list.
It seems that iLiad only supports up to 4GB of memory, so the rest is unused ...
Funny I was looking at buying a 4GB CF card as well, but lucky I read the Wiki first.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
From the wiki:
Quote:
Some 8 Gb and 16 Gb cards are reported to work, and the whole storage capacity can be used. Note that Iliad's content lister will show an available capacity of only 4GB even if a >4GB card has more than 4 GB available memory space.
I don't have a 8 GB card, but I have seen other posts supporting the above. Larger cards will only report ~4 GB free, but all the capacity can be used.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
sinman
sinman began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Yesterday I was trying a A-Data 8GB CF and content lister also showed 4GB but running a "df -k ." into "/media/cf" with Mrxvt it reported 8GB

If you have shell access and Mrxvt try it.
sinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
tesuri
tesuri began at the beginning.

It is a bug only of the display.
I am using 16GB CF with the files that exceeds 10GB, and all files can read.
tesuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2008, 08:22 AM   #6
GavinK151
Enthusiast
GavinK151 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesuri View Post
It is a bug only of the display.
I am using 16GB CF with the files that exceeds 10GB, and all files can read.
cool! what make is your CF card may I ask?
GavinK151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 AM   #7
tesuri
tesuri began at the beginning.

I am using A-Data CF.
tesuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:16 AM   #8
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post

A couple of 8 GB flash cards? Tell me about your amount and kind of data you are going to plan to need
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 AM   #9
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
A couple of 8 GB flash cards? Tell me about your amount and kind of data you are going to plan to need
I'm going to need one just for this thread if it carries on much longer and you guys keep writing as much as you are
Just kidding, I'm finding it very interesting. I first agree with one of you, then the other, then back again.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:11 AM   #10
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
I'm going to need one just for this thread if it carries on much longer and you guys keep writing as much as you are
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I use big cards for cameras but good grief, a 16 gig card for books!! I thought I read a lot.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
TAKEMS CompactFlash Card (120x) 8GB (the cheapest I´ve found ;o) - works as well ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote