Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #46
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I don't like taps, myself. I always swipe when reading on my iPad.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #47
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Was at my local Target and BB yesterday...not a T1 in sight...sighs...
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #48
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I think the swipe is the easiest way to turn a page...
Me too. After all you would not tap on a page in a paper book to turn it, but a swipe of a finger from right to left is more than possible.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #49
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I find this a funny discussion because I do both swipe and tap on my Xoom.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #50
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Jane: re: do you ever have to connect to computer or can you just do everything wireless?

You'll still have to connect to the computer for battery charging if you don't have an independent charger, but as long as there is a WiFi connection in the area you'll be able to download books from Sony, the public library, Gutenberg & Google at the minimum.

Those who use other resources will chime in I'm sure to give reports of their experiences with other vendor providers. Hope this helped.

Jay: clicky buttons: to my ear, slight click sound, but is louder than my PRS300.

Last edited by beespeckled; 10-02-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: adding more info
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #51
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Was at my local Target and BB yesterday...not a T1 in sight...sighs...
They are at the Sony Store, Tampa....
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #52
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I also would like to see the different font sizes and how big they are.

Thanks a lot.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #53
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
I also would like to see the different font sizes and how big they are.

Thanks a lot.
Go to your local Sony Store or BestBuy...
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #54
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
is it running some form of Android? I'm not sure if this was conclusively answered previously.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #55
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
is it running some form of Android? I'm not sure if this was conclusively answered previously.
It's Android. . Or at least that's the conclusion I have drawn from two facts.
A) In Sweden it will (probably) come with an Swedish Bookstore app pre-installed. ( I think that is a smart move, by both Sony and the bookstore)
B) Said Bookstore mentioned on twitter that only the Android app was finished.

And, since it is unlikely that the reader is based on IOs, it is Android.
Also, there is a number of threads at Mobileread about it
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #56
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Wandalynn quote "While I'm asking questions, Beespecked - how does the screen compare to the PRS 300? My husband has that one and it's the sharpest ereader screen I've ever seen."
The text looks good on the T1, I haven't set them side by side to compare.

I'm trying to be considerate today, leaving my daughter alone to enjoy her reader. lol
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #57
tswan
tswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-T1
How can you tell about it being an Android? Would it say somewhere?
tswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #58
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmmm I was at target today and didn't see them.....Hmmm....maybe it's a staggered rollout?
I wonder if it depends on what type of Target you go to. First, I went to my nearest Target which is a new type of concept store. It's in-between a regular Target and a superstore. They only had the Kindle and the iRiver. Then, I went to the closest superstore. They had the Kindle, iRiver, Sony T1, Nook & Kobo and a large wall full of accessories. I was shocked at the selection!

EDIT: They also had both the non-lighted & lighted Sony T1 covers. In black only.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #59
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
It's Android. . Or at least that's the conclusion I have drawn from two facts.
A) In Sweden it will (probably) come with an Swedish Bookstore app pre-installed. ( I think that is a smart move, by both Sony and the bookstore)
B) Said Bookstore mentioned on twitter that only the Android app was finished.

And, since it is unlikely that the reader is based on IOs, it is Android.
Also, there is a number of threads at Mobileread about it
Two points:

1) All we really know for sure that it is based on some form of Linux. It may be Android, but it may still be Monta Vista with customizations.

2) The T1 doesn't require an app on the device to support a book store. Sony's own bookstore is really just a web front end. It's likely that all Sony will do is offer a link to a web interface for the store, and the store will have a mobile interface to make it easier to use.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #60
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
The eBook Reader Blog says it's Android. FWIW.

One thing I am a bit concerned about is on the Calibre forum, it sounds like tags to collections is not supported yet for the T1. I sure hope it soon will be, because I rely on that and I want a T1!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony t1