Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
v8.4 template error

after latest install I now see, in book view, an entry which reads

formats: TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field epub,mobi,zip,lit

for every book ???. irrespective of what formats are actually in library for each book

so e.g.
where I have pdf only I see
format: pdf
Formats:TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field epub,mobi,zip,lit

nb above those I also have a correct Formats line ?? ( where Formats is sentence case) - the erroneous line has formats in lower case.

Last edited by cybmole; 06-04-2011 at 04:29 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You have a custom column named 'formats' with type 'column built from other columns'. What is the column's template? The easiest way to see the template is to click on the column in the library view and press F2 to edit the column.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

that is true - I have a custom column - built , I think, with your instructions - several months ago.!
no issues until this update!
but selecting column then F2 has no effect.

locating it via preferences shows template as
{epub,mobi,zip,lit}

maybe I should just delete the "formats"- ok - deleted the one called "formats" - via preferences

but I'd like to understand the issue - why did it only appear in 8.4 ?

Last edited by cybmole; 06-04-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You must edit a field in the column to get the template editor.

That said, the template is wrong. What do you want it to do? To contain the formats, it should be {formats}.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You must edit a field in the column to get the template editor.

That said, the template is wrong. What do you want it to do? To contain the formats, it should be {formats}.
i have deleted it. what I don't understand though is why the error message was not visible in 8.3& previous , but was visible in 8.4 - what changed ?
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i have deleted it. what I don't understand though is why the error message was not visible in 8.3& previous , but was visible in 8.4 - what changed ?
There were changes in 8.4 to make the formatter report errors that previously were incorrectly handled.