Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #16
Effect
Effect began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 and Kindle 3
Unfortunately I ended up taking the device back to the store over the weekend after playing with it some more. While nice overall it was to heavy. Thought that would be a positive but in the end it didn't turn out to be. Compared to my Kindle it was just to heavy when it came to reading and the glare when it came to the light was annoying. My wrist started to hurt while trying to hold it with one hand. Not a problem with the Kindle. As a tablet it was nice (Hell of a lot cheaper then an iPad as said just minus the iTunes store of course.) if that is what you are primarily looking for. Then again the Cruz Tablet should be even better then that. As a reader though not so much in the end I feel.

Going to be ordering a Kindle 3 soon. Was trying to see if I could get away without buying another but don't think so. I had forgotten that I can still get other formats on it and I'm not totally locked into Amazon.com for books. Silly me. My Kindle 1 is to slow for my taste now though. What I mostly used the Cruz for was internet and some reading. The Kindle was better for reading. I've used the wireless connection for internet surfing when I've been out and it was decent enough for what it was as I was usually only checking one or two sites. If the Kindle 3 is better at that then that's all I really need in the end I guess. Also with there going to be new apps for the Kindle 3 that's a huge plus.
Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #17
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Dunno anything about the reader/tablet. They're a local Richmond VA company and known as an assembler of higher quality branded pc's, similar to what Alienware's reputation used to be.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #18
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I just got a cruz reader yesterday. So far, even though I successfully transfered books to it from my computer, and it says they are on there, cannot access them. They are epub which the device supports and the books are from Sony which is suppose to be an open source. You would think that if it primarily a reader that it would be more intuitive than it is. Also, it has music on it, but for some reason I cannot just access the songs by selecting "music". I have to go into some kind of settings. Will be calling customer service tomorrow. If I can figure it out, it will be a good device.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journier View Post
I just got a cruz reader yesterday. So far, even though I successfully transfered books to it from my computer, and it says they are on there, cannot access them. They are epub which the device supports and the books are from Sony which is suppose to be an open source. You would think that if it primarily a reader that it would be more intuitive than it is. Also, it has music on it, but for some reason I cannot just access the songs by selecting "music". I have to go into some kind of settings. Will be calling customer service tomorrow. If I can figure it out, it will be a good device.
Did you register your Cruz with ADE so it can handle ePub with DRM?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #20
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you register your Cruz with ADE so it can handle ePub with DRM?
I went to the Velocity site to register it, but don't see anyplace there where I can. I will try ADE. Thanks.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote