Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Not opening on the last page

So I noticed that my Pocketbook 360 doesn't seem to be opening to the last page I was actually reading. It is defaulting back to a couple of pages previous. For example if I was on page 120, I open it and its on page 117.

I am running D101.14.2 software.

Its not a huge deal and it took me a while to notice it.

Anyone else have this happen?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi Amy - I haven't noticed this but just to narrow down the issue maybe you could let us know what reading software this happens with on the PB - is it adobe viewer, fbreader, pdfviewer or maybe all of these?

Does it happen with just a certain file type ie epub ebooks or is it all files?
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
Happened to me with the original fbreader.
Updated to SciFiFan's.
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
TheHutt
Zealot
TheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook 360°
I have the same issue, too. I actually thought it was due to SciFiFan's 180° functionality, as I thought it flipped couple of pages back due to the buttonless flipping. However I tried to ensure not to flip it before or after the keyboard locking; later, when upon unlocking the keyboard, the book jumped from the current page a couple of pages back.
TheHutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I never saw this problem before...
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I never saw this problem before...
A. Only happens with fbreader (I think)
B. Does not happen with all the books
C. Does not happen all the time

So it's easy to overlook/ignore it.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

uhhh

Insert stupid question... how do I know which reading software it is using?

I just open up the book and start reading... I am guessing its with FBreader? Because its in my docs files, not the books in my Digital Editions, which I think defaults to PDFview?

Amy
Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
Toobamoo
That guy who reads stuff.
Toobamoo began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
oi vay. Yes, I have the same issue. It happens both with the original FBReader that was installed and SciFiFan's version FBReader180b (I think its revision "b" unless there's a revision "d" which I don't think exists but if it does it could be that one. I should label these things, eh?). I am also running firmware version W101.14.2 and it happens with ePubs, prc's, mobipocket's (all deDRMed). Also, I thought that it maybe only happened if I let the PB360 turn off when locked but even when I disable that function, the page changes when I come back to it but I haven't been able to catch it in the act so I don't know when it changes yet. Is there maybe a new version of firmware or is it really FBReader that's the problem?
Toobamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
I know this problem.
I guess it has sth to do with the SDCard, where I am not sure finally.
The bug appears, when I switch off the PB, when the page is loaded for a short time. Since I always let the last page opened for ~15secs this issue doesnt come up anymore at my place.
Perhaps anyone can report if this process is solving this problem at him/her too?
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
Perhaps anyone can report if this process is solving this problem at him/her too?
I'm not using a card.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:07 AM   #11
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Insert stupid question... how do I know which reading software it is using?

I just open up the book and start reading... I am guessing its with FBreader? Because its in my docs files, not the books in my Digital Editions, which I think defaults to PDFview?

Amy
While you are reading a book, press the central OK button which is in the middle of the silver 4 way dpad. A menu will pop up. If you are using the fbreader software, you will see a spanner and chisel icon bottom right marked settings.

Copied from my blog:

FBREADER Most of the ebooks I read tend to be in .epub format and I find that I prefer FBReader for this, simply because it is more customizable. With the current firmware in the PocketBook, FBReader does not open by default when you open an ebook for reading. So I will show you below how to do this manually. Note that there is a script to override this, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149

To open an ebook in FBReader on the PocketBook:

- Go to Menu | Books | Select Book | Press and hold on the middle OK button
- A mini menu will pop up, select Open With
- Click to the right and select fbreader

Once you have done this once, your ebook will open using FBreader every time unless you tell PocketBook otherwise.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #12
sassanik
Guru

info

I do not use a SD card.

Last night I finished a book and left it on the last page, which was 256, and today when I opened it up it was on 255.

I exited that book and went to read a different book and when I came back and opened up the book I had previously left on page 255, it was now on page 254.

I had opened the file with Adobe Viewer.

Amy
Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What is certainly true is that, when you read an ePub book with ADE, it re-opens to the start of the current ADE page. Since an ADE page will typically span a number of screens on the PB360, this means that it will open to a screen or two before where you were when you turned it off.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
sassanik
Guru

ahh

Ahh that does make sense because the page numbering is weird with ebooks and it is common for a page to take up a couple of screen turns.

Amy
Old 02-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm sure certain that I'd agree with you that it's "weird", but it is, perhaps, a little non-obvious . ePub page numbers are a count of the position in the file, and are unrelated to the "screens" of the reader. That has the benefit that anyone reading the book on a device which uses ADE will see the same page number corresponding to a given position in the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote