Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #571
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Don't use Mediafire though I do download from them. It gave my friend who was a novice at computers a virus due to the ads. I felt so bad so I don't use any File Hosting services with Ads because not everyone uses AD Block.
Do you want me to host your shareable fonts on my provider's webspace?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #572
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A lot of sites that have ads get the ads from an ad server. The some of the ads being served can be dodgy. But that does not make the actual site a problem. For example, around Christmas, Google was saying that TrekBBS was a threat. It was because of some of the ads being served. But the site itself is fine. So don't blame Mediafire if a bad ad got served.

The ads on MediaFire are on the download page. But just because your friend click the wrong link is no reason not to use MediaFire. Besides, why not use MediaFire for hosting your modified fonts that you are allowed to give out? Then you won't have to use your Dropbox account.
I know all about Ads and what they can contain. It the fastest way to get infected on the net. I can't tell you how many infections I have cleaned up for friends and family because they didn't know how to block them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #573
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Do you want me to host your shareable fonts on my provider's webspace?
Thanks but I am happy with the way I am doing it. I don't care for my modified version of fonts to be posted all over the web. I have in the past done this with Sim Downloads I created only to have them stolen or credit taken when it wasn't theirs but I appreciate the offer.

I prefer them to be share the old fashion way through email and PMs.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #574
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
I'll make a beta RAR that has Charis SIL's line spacing fixed with no weight added and also one with more weight and the line spacing fixed. Then JLeighs can choose which version of the font to use. It's no hassle since I do have to start over anyway. I'll just keep the pre-weighted version as well.
That's very kind of you, JSWolf, thank you.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #575
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I prefer them to be share the old fashion way through email and PMs.
Plus it is more personal that way.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #576
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Plus it is more personal that way.
Not to mention with Dropbox I can makes changes on the fly and the URL never changes.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #577
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm currently using Palatino at the second largest setting, but Amazon really needs to add another ratio to the gearbox. The size difference between the second largest setting and the first is huge.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #578
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm currently using Palatino at the second largest setting, but Amazon really needs to add another ratio to the gearbox. The size difference between the second largest setting and the first is huge.
You can tweak the metrics and get the font the way you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #579
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
That's very kind of you, JSWolf, thank you.
OK, I have a beta version for you to try out. I've not touched the weight. So it's as it comes. But I have fixed the line space and renamed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7l98ev7p9i1pn5l

If you feel you want a heavier version, please just say so and I'll make one for you to test. I'll make it about in between this version and the other version.

I have not yet done the compact version yet. I'll do that one when we figure out the weight.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #580
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The first 4 sizes zoom with consistency then you hit 5 which is a big jump then you hit 6 and it's a huge jump then 7 and finally 8. Who reads at size 8?

Why not give a custom font a try? Here's a screenshot of Gentium Book XL and Charis SIL XL that I modified at size 7. There is also different version of the fonts included.

For Gentium has Regular, Medium, Large and XL (Big) and Charis has Regular, Large and XL. So everyone can find a size they like to read at.

You can PM me or I can PM you if you're interested in trying them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GentiumBookSize7.png
Views:	265
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	101207   Click image for larger version

Name:	CharisSize7.png
Views:	246
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	101208  
Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #581
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow. That's large. I've only got 34% of vision, but any larger and even I can read that, from across the road no less.

But still, if one needs it, then it's better than reading a 25.000 page braille book

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #582
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Wow. That's large. I've only got 34% of vision, but any larger and even I can read that, from across the road no less.

But still, if one needs it, then its better than reading a 25.000 page braille book
Would you believe with default Palatino you get less words per page at size 7 then my screenshots.

I read at Size 5 myself.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #583
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Would you believe with default Palatino you get less words per page at size 7 then my screenshots.

I read at Size 5 myself.
Even less?

IMPOSSIBRU!

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #584
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

With my Modified Larger Charis SIL you do get more words per page then you do with Caecilia with KF8. It's because the line spacing is tighter and the letters are closer together. The actual letter size is very close.

Even with Mobi it's a better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	caecilia-small-kf8.png
Views:	338
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	101215   Click image for larger version

Name:	modified-small-kf8.png
Views:	320
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	101216   Click image for larger version

Name:	caecilia-small-mobi.png
Views:	341
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	101217   Click image for larger version

Name:	modified-small-mobi.png
Views:	256
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	101218  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #585
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
OK, I have a beta version for you to try out. I've not touched the weight. So it's as it comes. But I have fixed the line space and renamed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7l98ev7p9i1pn5l

If you feel you want a heavier version, please just say so and I'll make one for you to test. I'll make it about in between this version and the other version.

I have not yet done the compact version yet. I'll do that one when we figure out the weight.
I love this! Thank you very much! It's just perfect for me the way it is --no changes needed at all.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote