Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.6 Beta take 4 (0.5.907)

The newest beta is up. This should be the last one before 0.6.0. The only changes between now and then will be minor bug fixes introduced since the last beta.

------

Tip:
  • Count All is hidden until you click the chevron icon in Find & Replace on the lower left.
Known issues (already fixed for release):
  • Clips with \1 will not work properly if the selected text contains any non-alphanumeric characters
  • Drag & Drop in Saved Searches or Clips may not work if you drop on anything but the 1st column
  • \K is not working with Replace or Replace/Find - use Replace All temporarily

Last edited by meme; 10-14-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Updated with known issues
Old 10-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That was quite a list of changes. You folk HAVE been busy
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
As a reminder to previous BETA users - the Saved Searches and Clips you may have created have moved to new configuration files.

The simplest way to keep your Saved Searches and Clips is to Export the ones you want to a file before upgrading, and then Import them once you've upgraded, e.g.:

1. In 0.5.906 open Saved Searches
2. Right click in the window and select Export All, and give the file a name when prompted
3. Do the same with Clips
4. Install 0.5.907
5. In 0.5.907 open Saved Searches
6. Right click and select Import - select the file you saved above
7. Do the same with Clips
8. You can drag and drop or move the entries if needed

(If you forget to export your searches or clips, then they are still in the sigil.ini file so you can import them from that file).

I also recommend resetting the keyboard shortcuts - and you can then customize them after:

1. Open Preferences
2. Go to Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Select Reset All

Note:

Clean Source is set to Pretty Print by default, but can be changed in Preferences.
Shortcuts may have changed, so check/adjust them as needed
Regex options have moved to the chevron button at the bottom left on the Find & Replace box

Last edited by meme; 10-13-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Simplify the instructions
Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Thanks, Sigil just gets better and better.

Maybe you can clarify something for me in validation. I get a notice that something is reachable, but not found in the spine. They are all a series of files I deleted holding a graphic at the beginning of each chapter. Are they supposed to be visible in the book browser?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You might want to post that in a separate thread with more details - the validation code has not changed in this release.
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Will do. This showed up last beta, but it probably is the material in the first place.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
I'm not finding the "Open Preferences Location" button for windows 32-bit 0.5.906....
Old 10-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
meme
Sigil developer

Open Preferences (F5). On the lower left, there is a new button labelled "Open Preferences Location". Of course, this is on 0.5.907 - which is what this thread is about (I've updated the instructions so its clearer)

Last edited by meme; 10-13-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #9
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Open Preferences (F5). On the lower left, there is a new button labelled "Open Preferences Location". Of course, this is on 0.5.907 - which is what this thread is about (I've updated the instructions so its clearer)
I'm sorry, I must simply be completely dense. I can't make heads or tails of those instructions. I just imported the saved searches and clips from 0.5.906 that I'd exported before. It looks like that worked, but I don't know....
Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I'm sorry, I must simply be completely dense. I can't make heads or tails of those instructions. I just imported the saved searches and clips from 0.5.906 that I'd exported before. It looks like that worked, but I don't know....
Yes - that works perfectly well I updated the instructions.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #11
ElMiko
Addict

This looks like a bug:

Saved Clips (such as the <div> clip, or my own similarly formated <blockquote> clip) can no longer be applied over multiple lines of code. EDIT1: I tried out the UPPERCASE clip and it too failed to apply over multiple lines of code.

EDIT2: It's looking like Clips in general are a little messed up. If i select the text between heading tags and try to apply the <p> clip, nothing happens.

Last edited by ElMiko; 10-14-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #12
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@ElMiko - if the selection contains line feed characters, then indeed it does look like Paste Clip is broken in this build (have fixed for next release).

However your comment about the text between heading tags - that is also text that happens to contain line feed characters in it? As if it is normal text on a single line that works fine for me? If it isn't a multiple line issue then please give us more repro details/sample file.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #13
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
What happened to "count all" in search?
That was extremely useful and seems to be gone...
Or is it hidden somewhere and I just don't see it?
Old 10-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #14
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Click the Show/Hide Advanced options button with the arrows on it at the bottom left of the F&R panel.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #15
John2011
Enthusiast
John2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
What happened to "count all" in search?
That was extremely useful and seems to be gone...
Or is it hidden somewhere and I just don't see it?
"Regex options have moved to the chevron button at the bottom left on the Find & Replace box"

- count all comes into view when you click on the "chevron button". It took me awhile to find it, but it IS there.

Peace,
John P
Closed Thread