Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #1081
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabonis View Post
My KPW(5.3.1) is bought from japan.
I followed the step described in the README file.
But after I put update_jbpatch_3.1.0_fw531_install.bin on the device,
I found menu/settings, menu/update your kindle option was grayed out
Any help please
thanks
First four characters of your serial number please.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #1082
sabonis
sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.

Device: paperwhite(japan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
First four characters of your serial number please.
H A C K
sabonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #1083
sabonis
sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.

sorry, just kidding
My first four serial number is B01F
Old 01-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #1084
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Eh? No like B011 or something...

MENU -> SETTINGS -> MENU -> DEVICE INFO -> serial number.

Just the first 4. So we can tell if the device is different to the US / UK ones???

Quote:
H A C K?
What the heck does that mean? Not helpful anyways.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #1085
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
H A C K
JBpatch does not recognize that as a known model.
You are sh.. out of luck.
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #1086
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
sorry, just kidding
Right... well mine is B011 and it works for me.

perhaps B01F needs adding to the KINDLETOOL build of the installer.

EDIT: SEE NILUJES COMMENTS BELOW - YOU WILL NEED THE UPDATED KINDLETOOL VERSION.

You have three options... a) wait for assistance from the author, it is fair to say they will probably want to fix the release if it is indeed broken for that prefix.

b) Fix it yourself. Get kindletool - Unpack install - Repack for your codes. install. Share fix. (last one optional)

c) Get someone else to fix it for you. (I'm not volunteering)

Hope that is nice and clear.

Last edited by twobob; 01-15-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #1087
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
sorry, just kidding
Can you find that on the following page?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Old 01-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #1088
twobob

Quote:
B001 = Kindle 1
B002 = Kindle 2 U.S. (Sprint)
B003 = Kindle 2 International (AT&T)
B004 = Kindle DX U.S.
B005 = Kindle DX International
B009 = Kindle DX Graphite
B008 = Kindle 3 WiFi
B006 = Kindle 3 3G + WiFi (U.S. and Canada) NOTE: Some European cities may receive this serial number as well.
B00A = Kindle 3 3G + WiFi (Europe)
B00E = Kindle 4 NoTouch Silver (2011)
B00F = Kindle Touch 3G + WiFi (Kindle 5) (U.S. and Canada) [Mostly]
B011 = Kindle Touch WiFi (Kindle 5)
B010 = Kindle Touch 3G + WiFi (Kindle 5) (Europe)
B012 = Kindle 5 (Unknown) [If you happen to get your hands on one of these, please enlighten us!]
B023, 9023 = Kindle 4 NoTouch Black (2012)
B024 = Kindle PaperWhite WiFi
B01B = Kindle PaperWhite 3G + WiFi (U.S. and Canada) [Mostly]
B01D = Kindle PaperWhite 3G + WiFi (Europe)

D01E = Kindle Fire (Kindle 6)
D026 = Kindle Fire 2
D025 = Kindle Fire HD 7" (Kindle 7)
So yeah... your three options are as I stated.

Good luck
Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #1089
sabonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Can you find that on the following page?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
No, cant find it on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Right... well mine is B011 and it works for me.

perhaps B01F needs adding to the KINDLETOOL build of the installer.

You have three options... a) wait for assistance from the author, it is fair to say they will probably want to fix the release if it is indeed broken for that prefix.

b) Fix it yourself. Get kindletool - Unpack install - Repack for your codes. install. Share fix. (last one optional)

c) Get someone else to fix it for you. (I'm not volunteering)

Hope that is nice and clear.
Thank you that is nice and clear.
I will try the B option tomorrow.
Buying kindle from japan is sucks,
worst of all , I took the 3g one (I thought it could use 3g globally).
and turns out, its 3g is not working in Taiwan.

Thanks again
Old 01-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #1090
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@sabonis: Been waiting for that one to pop-up so I could fix kindletool, thanks!

Don't expect a binary release anytime soon (a bit swamped right now), but at least it'll be available to developers .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #1091
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@sabonis: Been waiting for that one to pop-up so I could fix kindletool, thanks!

Don't expect a binary release anytime soon (a bit swamped right now), but at least it'll be available to developers .

I never managed to get kindletool to compile correctly on my system without major efforts (like setting up VMs etc.), and was happy that I could use the i386 Linux version (or sometimes even the Windows version) so far. Please do release at least the static i386 binary, and/or a Windows binary... Merci!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #1092
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ixtab: I'll try to do a Linux/Win build later tonight . In the meantime, you're welcome to try the relatively new tools/simple-linux-static-build.sh script, it should take care somewhat painlessly of the whole static libarchive thing while still being pretty distro-agnostic .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #1093
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 3.1.1

New version, supports Firmware 5.3.2 for Kindle Touch. The Paperwhite version (5.3.1) should now also install on japanese 3G models.

In terms of patches, that's about the final state of it. I'm not going to port any other patches to the new firmware versions, it's just too much maintenance effort. (Well, I *might* look into the TTS patch for 5.3.2, but only if there is demand for it... and it may well take a few weeks).

Of course, if anybody is willing to port some of the "FW 5.1.x-only" patches to FW 5.3.x, feel free to do so. I will happily integrate your work.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #1094
sabonis

Wow that's amazing.
thank you all.
New JBpatch is work like a charm.
But another problem comes out
Kindlet Jailbreak .......
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #1095
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Wow that's amazing.
thank you all.
New JBpatch is work like a charm.
But another problem comes out
Kindlet Jailbreak .......
Re-download it from the link in the first post. I've repackaged it about half an hour ago, so it should also install on your device now.

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks