Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #46
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I haven't deleted a book yet. I have less than 100 ebooks, if I can keep my entire library on my ereader why not?
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #47
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
If they were baD reads, I'm gonna take 'em off ok? Then I have one of those readers where the books just come up in a certain order and if I can't move'em around or put them in folders, I don't take them off til I put in more than five new ones. Otherwise... it's monotonous. It's like that.
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #48
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
read and delete. I only keep TBR books on my ereader. (+2-3 reference books)
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #49
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I keep my full library, a few thousand books, on a 16GB SD card. Books on the TBR list gets copied onto the reader, eventually read and then deleted from the reader to be replaced by others.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #50
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Every day, pretty much, there are hundreds on there - finish another run of the mill book, delete it.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #51
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
All my books are downloaded on my computer first. Since there isn't a version of ADE for Linux, everything is downloaded through ADE on a netbook (that will only ever run Windows), DRM removed and then transferred to my real computer and handled with Calibre. I've taken to removing the book that I've just finished reading on my reader since it will always remain on the computer. I've always been a packrat with books, and ebooks are no different. The only difference that my entire library will fit on a DVD instead of a wall of shelves, on the other hand, I can't pick up a DVD and look to see what's on it like I can look at my shelves. My library ised to fit on a CD, now it fits on a DVD, at some point in the future it will require a Blue Ray disc but at least there will be no more lost or misplaced books.

The entire library will fit on my reader but it seems silly to place it there. It slows down the reader and makes it harder to find things. As several have suggested, my reader is my book bag and hopefully I will will be taking more out of it than I am putting into it (there are several hundred books there at the moment.)
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #52
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
All my books are downloaded on my computer first. Since there isn't a version of ADE for Linux, everything is downloaded through ADE on a netbook (that will only ever run Windows), DRM removed and then transferred to my real computer and handled with Calibre. I've taken to removing the book that I've just finished reading on my reader since it will always remain on the computer. I've always been a packrat with books, and ebooks are no different. The only difference that my entire library will fit on a DVD instead of a wall of shelves, on the other hand, I can't pick up a DVD and look to see what's on it like I can look at my shelves. My library ised to fit on a CD, now it fits on a DVD, at some point in the future it will require a Blue Ray disc but at least there will be no more lost or misplaced books.

The entire library will fit on my reader but it seems silly to place it there. It slows down the reader and makes it harder to find things. As several have suggested, my reader is my book bag and hopefully I will will be taking more out of it than I am putting into it (there are several hundred books there at the moment.)
I have quite a few (about 1000-2000) on my Sony(s) and it does not slow them down except if SD card is used. Maybe I am lucky? Maybe I just don't know it is slower?

I am generally reading 2-300 pages a day and sometimes more and mostly in bed before I go to sleep or have a nap or on the bus etc. No matter how many books I have on reader there are many occasions I wish for a specific book that is not on reader, but on computer. I could drag my butt out of bed or get off the bus and go home but we know that is not going to happen.

So the more the merrier I say.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #53
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Book read, book deleted... don't want to have the temptation to reread. There are other books to read.

My reader is mainly my "to read list".

Very rarely I do keep a book.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #54
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Never will delete anything as I don't see any need, I've an 8gb class 10 microSD card in mine and the devices internal 2gb there is no way I could ever fill that up and calibre and collections keep everything easy to find.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #55
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
After I read them I throw them in a collection until I update my "100 books in 2012" reading list here, then I delete them. The books on my ereader are my TBR books.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #56
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I have almost 5,000 ebooks. I use Kindle for PC software on my computer to organize all the books into collections. I keep about 20 ebooks and some active content on my Kindle device. The rest are archived. When I finish reading a book on Kindle, I remove it from the device and move it into the "Books Read" collection in K4PC.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #57
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
As i buy books only when i mean to read them next, i have a resonable ammont of books. My e-reader handles them just fine. Why bother sorting.

Only the T1 have a few books, because i'm too lazy to set collections.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #58
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I have 1,288 books and articles on my Sony. These are generally unread books.

I put all unread books on my ereader, including those I've started, but failed to finish. When I finish a book, I write a short review of it, otherwise I'll read the same books again! Then I'll delete.

The archive is on an external hard drive; but the reader is my library of unread books. The vast majority are PD or CC.

I know that some peeps with ereaders just load tbr books, but I prefer to have a wide choice without having to turn the computer on.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
As soon as I'm done reading a book, it gets deleted. I don't see any point in keeping it around.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #60
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I tend to keep books I've already read for the same reason I considered them worth reading in the first place.

On the nether hind, I erased The Hunger Games after reading exactly twenty paragraphs. It's difficult to imagine picking up a book and loathing it more.

Reading several hundred pages is an investment of fleeting time.(1) I don't undertake the task unless I'm sure a book will be worthy of prolonged scrutiny.

==================================

(1) (And yet I seem to have the time to post here regularly.)

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-07-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote