Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Book View Error Message

I am running Calibre 7.57 with .08 enabled, however, I do not know when this issue originally started.

I have been using Calibre's Book View/Book Detail function to determine the number of pages for each book. I usually have my Kindle plugged in as a matter of course, but had just ejected it before downloading my latest e-book. When I went into book view I received the following error message:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 64, in run
  File "threading.py", line 483, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 195, in __enter__
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
  File "site-packages\calibre\__init__.py", line 391, in __exit__
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'G:\\'
If I plug my Kindle back in, everything works fine.

Last edited by Nyssa; 04-25-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just restart calibre and the error will go away
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just restart calibre and the error will go away
Unfortunately, that did not work. I got the error again.

Edit: However, when I shut it down completely and then relaunched it (instead of just using the "restart" button) the error was cleared.

Thank you.

Last edited by Nyssa; 04-25-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're getting the exact same error message if you start calibre fresh after disconnecting your Kindle?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You're getting the exact same error message if you start calibre fresh after disconnecting your Kindle?

I was apparently editing my post when you responded. If I just hit "restart" the error stays. If I shut Calibre down all together and then relaunch, the error does go away.

Thank you.
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad to hear it.