Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Viewsonic VTablet101

Viewsonic just announced a new Android tablet yesterday. The projected retail is 3000 yuan (about $440), and a release date has not been set. Here are the specs:
  • nVidia Tegra CPU
  • 8.9" touchscreen, 1024x600
  • 4GB storage built in
  • USB host
  • Mini PCIe slot
  • camera built in (specs unknown)
  • Wifi b/g/n
  • Bluetooth

http://tech.163.com/mobile/10/0120/2...F0011179O.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	201001202146549bcb2.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	43950   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100120214702b5e82.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	43951  
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Engadget says:
Quote:
1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor and NVIDIA Tegra graphics
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
Engadget says:
I'm pretty sure the Tegra chip is both the CPU and graphics. nVidia describes it as a "computers-on-a-chip".
Old 01-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm pretty sure the Tegra chip is both the CPU and graphics. nVidia describes it as a "computers-on-a-chip".
You're definitely right (although the underlying processor on Tegra chips is the very Cortex one, I think), I mainly wanted to point out the speed
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
8.9" touchscreen, 1024x600
My preferred screen resolution would be 1024x768 for smaller screens, just like my iLiad.

My 10" netbook has a 1024x600 native screen resolution, but I always run it in "squished" 1024x768 mode.

I just wished they (in general) could just adopt the 1024x768 screen size (as it's aspect ratio is better too).
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
You're definitely right (although the underlying processor on Tegra chips is the very Cortex one, I think), I mainly wanted to point out the speed
Okay, but the way Engadget phrased it is deceptive. And probably wrong, too. I can't find a Tegra chip with a 1GHz clock speed.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:32 AM   #7
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Nate,

maybe ask Charbax? He is all about ARM (it is ARM he really likes right?) but seemed pretty in the know about the Tegra stuff. from what I have read about the Tegra it is just spiffy as can be...and the few devices I've watched run with one, WOW...for what it is size wise, it's impressive.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote