Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 08-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #46
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Ah, OK, explained. (I would like to read that Kipling, by the way, but they only let me have 3 tickets. )
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:37 AM   #47
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Well, seeing as I may not get a chance to do this later, I will try to fill out the ticket a little:

I will third 2001: A Space Odyssey (I almost wrote "Oddity" ), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Captains Courageous. Hopefully I followed that correctly, the numbers of * doesn't match the names right now in post 2.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #48
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Heart of Darkness and Captains Courageous have changed my mind

I would third Captains Courageous and TBR Heart of Darkness and Charlie and the chocolate factory.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #49
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see Dazrin did it for me. Do I get my third vote back?
Old 08-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #50
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Heart of Darkness and Captains Courageous have changed my mind

I would third Captains Courageous and TBR Heart of Darkness and Charlie and the chocolate factory.
Dazrin's vote was the third on Captains Courageous, and Charlie's had a third. Would you like to second Heart of Darkness or nominate a new one?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:57 AM   #51
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'll nominate Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.

I'm sorry; I can't do links now.
What are friends for?

Patricia Clark Memorial Library
Amazon US
Kobo
Audible (Frederick Davidson Narration)
Overdrive eBook
Overdrive Audio Book (Scott Brick Narration)
Overdrive Audio Book (Frederick Davidson Narration)

These are just a sampling! There are literally dozens of ebook and audio book editions, many available for free.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:02 PM   #52
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Dazrin's vote was the third on Captains Courageous, and Charlie's had a third. Would you like to second Heart of Darkness or nominate a new one?
This is looking better. I still very much want us to read Hiroshima, but there are some really good choices here if folks don't want to read that. Hopefully we'll get a second and third for Heart of Darkness. It's already in my Audible and Kindle libraries as a WhisperSync version.

Last edited by CRussel; 08-26-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #53
din155
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I would second Heart of Darkness.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #54
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
I'll third Heart of Darkness and Ben-Hur.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #55
din155
Guru

Wow! bfisher you just made something possible that I was only hoping. Is this the first time in our book club where every book nominated by everyone got selected?
Old 08-26-2016, 07:05 PM   #56
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Unless someone proposes another book that doesn't make the cutoff ...
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:04 AM   #57
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The nominations are now closed.

And the Poll has been posted!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote