Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #61
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMorris View Post
I got that email too, but on trying to download it told me it was not available in my country. I'm in the USA.

Anyone else having problems?
Worked okay for me. Got the e-mail on Friday and used it an hour later.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #62
JohnMorris
Enthusiast
JohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: PRS650, Kobo touch, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Worked okay for me. Got the e-mail on Friday and used it an hour later.
Hmm - must just be a quirk of the system.

Thanks.
JohnMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #63
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure how many of you might find this one interesting. It's not classic literature, but classic pulp - a very professional version of the entire issue of "Strange Detective Mysteries #1." This kind of reminds me of the Tales of the Gold Age productions, minus L. Ron Hubbard. The download (6 hours) can be found here from RadioArchives.com. You'll have to create an account, and use the code FORUMS at checkout. No credit card info required. The files DRM-free audio.

Enjoy!

skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Old 02-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #64
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Another $4.95 each Audible sale:

http://www.audible.com/guestauthor/WinWin_Feb2013_ALL

222 books. Ends 2/18/2013 11:59 EST.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #65
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
I got that email too, but on trying to download it told me it was not available in my country. I'm in the USA.

Yes, me. But I thought it was still the same problem I have with the whole site which doesn't let me buy anything except a subscription. I am in Germany. I used my first two credits with the help of customer support, who are very friendly and helpful by the way. I'll contact them again later today to ask if the book is available for me or not.

If you ask me, the site is still in beta mode and they are having massive problems. Two weeks ago, they told me they knew about it and were working on it (trying to solve the difficulties international customers are having with the site).
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #66
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post

Thanks! Plenty of good ones to choose from in this batch.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #67
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
It seems Tantor has two free audiobooks for the month.

"Tess of the d'Urbervilles" by Thomas Hardy (link)

"The Souls of Black Folk" by W. E. B. Du Bois (link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post

Thanks for posting these specials

Links added to OP
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #68
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not sure how many of you might find this one interesting. It's not classic literature, but classic pulp - a very professional version of the entire issue of "Strange Detective Mysteries #1." This kind of reminds me of the Tales of the Gold Age productions, minus L. Ron Hubbard. The download (6 hours) can be found here from RadioArchives.com. You'll have to create an account, and use the code FORUMS at checkout. No credit card info required. The files DRM-free audio.

Enjoy!

skinmaan
Thanks again

Link added to OP
Old 02-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #69
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:

I got it (in the US).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #70
skinmaan
Wizard

I appears Downpour.com is having a sale on romance audiobooks, which strangely enough ends 2/13. The link to the list is here. They have $5 off many of their romance titles, which leaves some of them at quite a bargain. In fact, a few of them are free. From what I have been able to find the free titles are shorts from Julia Quinn, and are epilogues to longer novels. If you are interested they are:

Viscount Who Loved Me: The Epilogue II

When He Was Wicked: The Epilogue II

It's in His Kiss

Enjoy!

skinmaan
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #71
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
Nice!

Quote:

Enjoy!

skinmaan

Thanks skinmaan! My dad loves these type of pulp stories.
pdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #72
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Nice. Downloading now.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #73
JohnMorris
Enthusiast
JohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: PRS650, Kobo touch, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
Yes, me. But I thought it was still the same problem I have with the whole site which doesn't let me buy anything except a subscription. I am in Germany. I used my first two credits with the help of customer support, who are very friendly and helpful by the way. I'll contact them again later today to ask if the book is available for me or not.

If you ask me, the site is still in beta mode and they are having massive problems. Two weeks ago, they told me they knew about it and were working on it (trying to solve the difficulties international customers are having with the site).
I had a brief mail exchange with Downpour, the upshot of which was that it seems that their tools for detecting which country you're visiting from are not yet up to par, and they know about it.

I agree, friendly enough - but still some teething problems to work through.
JohnMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #74
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
free valentines day audiobooks at audible - i think you gotta be a member, and may only get one per customer, but i haven't tested that yet.

http://www.audible.com/mt/VDay2013/
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #75
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
free valentines day audiobooks at audible - i think you gotta be a member, and may only get one per customer, but i haven't tested that yet.

http://www.audible.com/mt/VDay2013/
Thanks for the link

Added to the OP