Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
ATT uVerse

I just got ATT uVerse and love it--except it apparently doesn't like Calibre
I have a Nexus 7 and a (new) HTC One X+ phone. The Nexus used to be able to connect to Calibre but won't anymore. The phone I got after my uVerse so can't say for sure.
I would always connect at http://192.168.1.75.8080/opds. Do I need to change it to something else? My internet connection is the only thing that has changed so I would think that somehow that is the problem.
Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
I just got ATT uVerse and love it--except it apparently doesn't like Calibre
I have a Nexus 7 and a (new) HTC One X+ phone. The Nexus used to be able to connect to Calibre but won't anymore. The phone I got after my uVerse so can't say for sure.
I would always connect at http://192.168.1.75.8080/opds. Do I need to change it to something else? My internet connection is the only thing that has changed so I would think that somehow that is the problem.
Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Mary
DHCP routinly assigns new leases to your computer.
You replaced the router (also DHCP server) so any previous lease assignment bias no longer exists.

The best way is to configure the router to ALWAYS assign the same IP to the computer (uses MAC address), so it sticks.
The way to find the current assignment: Open a command prompt: Type ipconfig /all Look for the IPV4 adapter (wired or Wireless) that you are using. that will show the CURRENT assignment.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
robin58
Enthusiast
robin58 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, Nook ST
Most uverse routers are accessible at 192.168.1.254 and assign IP's in the 192.168.1.64 - 253 range. ATT also makes it pretty simple by putting the passwords etc on the router box. Just be careful to NOT change the receiver's IP assignments or make them static. In the router's webpage Settings/LAN/IP Address Allocation makes it pretty simple to assign a fixed IP with the drop-down box.
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Wow, thanks guys but this sounds like something way above my pay-grade! Thanks for the explanations--I may have to do some reading just to understand all this. I think I will investigate the Calibre app on the Google Play Store and if that doesn't work I will be back for more instructions

mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote