Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #31
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I'm kinda confused at what the actual complaint in the OP is. I have a generic, fake leather cover with a magnetized clasp for my Sony 350 and it works fine. When I had my Nook classic, I had a cloth Jack Spade cover with elastic clasps at the top and bottom and it also worked fine. They cover the eReaders and they also make the eReaders feel more sturdy (at least to me) and easier to hold.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #32
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
The cover for my Kindle 4 is a lighted cover from geckocovers.com from the Netherlands. The light was flickery on it, so I asked customer service what to do about it, and they sent me a replacement light to install. After I put it in, worked like a charm. It is the best light I have ever seen on an e-reader. I use it at night or in places with dim lighting.

It has no clasp, but magnetically stays shut.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #33
journey711
Enthusiast
journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 2, Sony PRS350
As someone else stated, I use a m edge latitude case for throwing my kindle or T1 in my purse as there are all sorts of things in the bottom of the purse that could possibly scratch the screen or even crack it. When I am home, however, I put the K-3 in a stand-up cover and leave it in that. With the lid folded over so that it will stand up, it is also easy to pick up and read like that. I believe that cost about $10 - $12. I also have a sleeve that either one will slip into, but I don't think that is enought protection for suitcase or purse.
journey711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #34
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
All of the ones I have without a spine flop open when I put them down. The type with a clasp avoids the ugly strap problem but then you have that darned clasp in the way when you try to fold the cover back and hold it one handed. No, it still doesn't work. Not the way a hardback book cover works.
You could always do what I did, and each case cost less than $3.00

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=29
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
You could always do what I did, and each case cost less than $3.00

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=29
That would never work! Sheesh!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote