Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #76
JL6161
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiposius Maximus View Post
Isn't there an update.zip for Dingo 1.11 floating around that would still work even if the enTourage servers were smashed to bits by pillaging mobs?

Answering my own question, here are the instructions for offline updating. I would obviously save the page and download the update.zip before purchasing, if you choose to do so.
Thanks for digging that up. I have downloaded the update zip and the offline install instructions, so if I do end up grabbing a new one, I'm covered. You've all been a big help with this odd situation! I've been mining the forum for other useful nuggets (apk suggestions, Motion L Series pen, etc.).

Old 04-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #77
jonnickell
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_edge View Post
I get 404 errors on both links...
I had the same problem.....always got 404 error no matter if I typed it in manually or copy pasted or clicked the link.........Finally the light came on!!!!.....all I had to do was log in to the system. The web page won't allow you to download either link unless you are a Forum member and are logged in to the forum.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #78
lorenzoens
Edge User

Did you read?
http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ll=1#post17453

Old 04-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #79
lorenzoens
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by socman123 View Post
I did converse with a man from the Partnership for Media department (called the number that was listed on the wesite), and he was about an candid as he could be. I really felt he wanted to come out and talk to me, but he just could not (for whatever reasons/s at his end). I finally asked him, "If you were me, would you buy an Edge right now"? His response - "I'd buy an IPad"....and then he asked me, "Did you hear me? Did you hear what I said"? Now, you read into that what you will. Thanks for you're advice. Socman123.....Roger.
Pointless.

It's hard to trust your words, because I would kick away any employee speaking like that on the phone with a customer. And even if these are true, the employee just did not understand what the Edge is about, and this is even worst. EE is a machine to work on digital texts, what the iPad cannot be, ever. You dont buy iPad/EE for the same reasons. If you want an a-purpose toy, you'll choose iPad. If you read digital publications 8 hours per day, you will never go with the Apple, you just can't.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 04-05-2011 at 04:28 PM.