Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #61
Amnesiac
Amnesiac began at the beginning.

Device: Nook glowlight, Boyue T62+D, Kobo aura 1, Yota2, HiSense A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14karanveer View Post
I'm super keen to get an A6, it's just no Google Play that is stopping me. Are you able to install the Yalp Store from F-Droid?

Is there any decent GPS Navigation option?
Ummm did you read this thread? There's only 4 pages.
Posts 9 and 17 would have saved you and me from logging in to type.

Do let us know when you need to put some shoes on
Amnesiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:21 PM   #62
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Owners of the A6 or A6L, how do you feel about your phone, how do google play services work and has anybody bought the international version of the A6 from Russia ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2021, 06:29 AM   #63
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Owners of the A6 or A6L, how do you feel about your phone, how do google play services work and has anybody bought the international version of the A6 from Russia ?
I own both. Play services work on both. The a6L comes with Google Play Services no matter who you order from. But you have to spend over $500 for a new phone from Ebay or AliExpress which some people don't want to do.

It's not perfect Google Play in that the app is not play protect certified and therefore some apps like maps or chrome require earlier versions for full functionality.

And good luck finding an A6 (maybe on AliExpress).
tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #64
Amnesiac
Amnesiac began at the beginning.

Device: Nook glowlight, Boyue T62+D, Kobo aura 1, Yota2, HiSense A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlcab View Post
I own both. Play services work on both.
I have both, not flashed the A6 and have the Chinese version so Play doesn't work on my A6.

I wonder if you have any widgets working on the A6L in lock. A really useful feature of the Chinese A6 that doesn't seem to have made it to the A6L

Thanks
Amnesiac is offline   Reply With Quote