Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2014, 05:35 AM   #11101
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I really hope this is a time limited thing One of the reasons I'm buying mainly from Kobo is the ability to use coupons (on books that don't come from a French publisher, that is).
At least if codes other than the ones from the contests still work that would be nice. I keep my fingers crossed.
More than three months later I can only confirm that my buying from Kobo has took a steep nosedive since the contest codes can't be used outside the designated countries. Out of 196 bought ebooks on my account, the last one was purchased in July
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:38 AM   #11102
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Wow Samhy that's a big business loss to Kobo.

You didn't have any luck finding the discountable books you wanted in the US UK or CA stores?

I've found some, but it's really pot luck.

Don't forget that perkopolis (40%) is still working in CA, and they should have a reasonable number of French language books.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2014, 05:49 AM   #11103
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Wow Samhy that's a big business loss to Kobo.

You didn't have any luck finding the discountable books you wanted in the US UK or CA stores?

I've found some, but it's really pot luck.

Don't forget that perkopolis (40%) is still working in CA, and they should have a reasonable number of French language books.
The thing is I don't like the idea of "travelling" for myself So if the code/coupon isn't applicable as is, I won't use it.
However I still like Kobo very much (I have a Glo in addition to the other ones, now) and I know I'll buy Kobo ebooks in the future. Just not today or (nor???) tomorrow. Since I have a huge TBR list, I guess this could be a good thing in the end

Last edited by samhy; 12-12-2014 at 05:54 AM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #11104
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fair enough .... have a look on page 1 for any codes that you haven't used. They're the codes that work everywhere.

Oh and don't forget that sav50 was recycled and may work again for you - in France.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #11105
Pierre Menard
Zealot
Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch
That 3-for-2 list is a REALLY short list to find 3 books you're interested in but don't already have! There's some quality books on there for sure, but it's only about 50 books total. With prices down to $2.99. Considering you'll pay for the $12.99 books and get the $2.99 free... more contest coupons instead, please.
Pierre Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #11106
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Are they doing the BOGO in place of the coupon contest?? While I do encourage more deals like this, I hope they are not abandoning coupons.

I did take advantage of the offer as there were 2 books on my wishlist that were on there and found a third that looked good.
My end price ended up being $5.78US per book. Which isn't too bad for non-couponable books.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #11107
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

What if those of you who are interested post directly to BrodieKobo in the Ouch! Kobo ebook prices! thread where she introduced herself and this promotion ....

I'm not keen on this buy three books for the price of three, or last weeks promo either. The range is too limited and even if I was interested in one book then I'd have a hard time trying to find others (judging by this week and the last). So I don't bother buying. (Plus the prices are still much dearer than I want to, and normally, pay)

I also want to keep the Contest and discount codes - so that's what I'm going to tell Brodie.

I appreciate that others here may quite like these sorts of promotions.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 12-12-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added the last line
Old 12-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #11108
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
The books I read are never on any of the discount lists. This BOGO program is more like bogus to me Until publishers like DSP, Riptide and the like are included keep giving out coupons!

The coupons from the latest contest stopped working a couple of days ago
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #11109
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Anyone familiar with Wildside Press? The India site has 2 ebooks at 1.10 rupees (Approx 2 cents AUD), and some approx 5 cents, and many at $1.10.

The books appear to be of mixed genres, including sci fi. At 2 cents is the Edgar Rice Burroughs/Ray Palmer 'The Scientists Revolt'.

There's a Virginia Wolfe Megapack, 28 classic novels and short stories, for $1.10.

Also a Dashiell Hammett Megapack for $1.10.

And a GK Chesterton Megapack for $1.10.

Don't forget they're all discountable so check the first post for codes.

Edit
I've just checked Amazon Aus prices for the Wolfe and Chesterton Megapacks and they're similarly priced, except they're not discountable. Also they may not be out of copyright in your Amazon country.

Edit 2
I've checked the Kobo Aus site and they're same ish price as India - and discountable.

Not the 2cent and 5cent books though.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 12-14-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: add the edit
Old 12-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #11110
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I've read a couple by Wildside press. They are competent, but not my thing. Long on description, wandering at times. If I recall, it's very small press and was really one editor doing all the work. For that price it might be worth a look if the blurb sounds good.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #11111
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Quote:
Anyone familiar with Wildside Press? The India site has 2 ebooks at 1.10 rupees (Approx 2 cents AUD), and some approx 5 cents, and many at $1.10.

The books appear to be of mixed genres, including sci fi. At 2 cents is the Edgar Rice Burroughs/Ray Palmer 'The Scientists Revolt'.

There's a Virginia Wolfe Megapack, 28 classic novels and short stories, for $1.10.

Also a Dashiell Hammett Megapack for $1.10.

And a GK Chesterton Megapack for $1.10.

Don't forget they're all discountable so check the first post for codes.

Edit
I've just checked Amazon Aus prices for the Wolfe and Chesterton Megapacks and they're similarly priced, except they're not discountable. Also they may not be out of copyright in your Amazon country.

Edit 2
I've checked the Kobo Aus site and they're same ish price as India - and discountable.

Not the 2cent and 5cent books though.
I picked up a ton of their megapacks on Kobo (CA) at 0.99 plus the Perkopolis code worked so they were really cheap. I haven't had a chance to read too many of the stories, but I'm pretty happy with the formatting and my SO really likes the one I got for him that he's read so far.
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:30 AM   #11112
GVC2031
Enthusiast
GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina
Quote:
I'm not familiar with perkopolis. Are you saying one can somehow get a 40% discount on books at Kobo? Where can I get more information?
GVC2031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:04 AM   #11113
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
For their price, those Wildside Press editions are fine. But any MR member who buys a Virginia Woolf edition instead of downloading right here from MR the most complete and most beautiful and most awesome Woolf edition ever, created and constantly updated by pynch, must really be rolling in it...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:30 AM   #11114
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

@doubleshuffle wonderful family photo.

Perhaps Wolfe is not public domain in USA, because I just did a quick search of MR's library and couldn't find it. She died in 1941.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #11115
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVC2031 View Post
I'm not familiar with perkopolis. Are you saying one can somehow get a 40% discount on books at Kobo? Where can I get more information?
Yes perkopolis is a multi use code that works in Canada only.

You insert the code just prior to final purchase confirmation in the voucher code box.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals