Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
abrogard
Zealot
abrogard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
What are these 'Ebok' files?

I downloaded from Amazon to my Kindle on PC and they went into Calibre.

In Calibre there's the books listed and every second entry is a number beginning with B004 and listed as 'ebok'.

They don't open as books.

What are they?
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #2
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
You only need to add the file with the *.azw extension into Calibre. It will have a Calibre icon displayed when viewing the files in File Explorer.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Ebok is just a Amazon supplied book family name that includes all the sidecar files (typ 3 or 4) that go with a Kindle book). (you probably have extensions for known types, hidden, the windows default. They are KNOWN, because you installed a Kindle app)

You want the ones type labeled 'Kindle Content'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:26 PM   #4
abrogard
Zealot

Thanks for that. So I can just throw them away. I will.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
Thanks for that. So I can just throw them away. I will.

They serve a function on Kindle devices and apps. OTOH inside Calibre, no!
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #6
abrogard
Zealot

Good to know. I'll leave them alone in the Kindle directory (I have kindle for pc here) but in Calibre I'll delete them.