Notices

Old 08-14-2016, 12:21 PM   #1
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Subset of a library

Hi,
is there a way to share a subset of a library (like a mini virtual library) via google drive to access it via android ?

Also, is it possible do browse this virtual library and the main one too and download selectively from the main/sublibrary when I am under wi-fi coverage ?
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Chillem View Post
Hi,
is there a way to share a subset of a library (like a mini virtual library) via google drive to access it via android ?

Also, is it possible do browse this virtual library and the main one too and download selectively from the main/sublibrary when I am under wi-fi coverage ?
Are you talking about using CC Cloud to browse the VL? If so, then it could be easy depending on how you define your VLs. If there is some value in a column (custom or standard) that defines the VL then CC Cloud can filter on that value. You can also use the technique described in the CC FAQ How do I see/use my calibre virtual libraries in CC?. The custom column will be visible in CC Cloud. However, this solution might be unacceptably slow in calibre.

If you are using the CC Wireless Device then you can do whatever you want in calibre. Choose the VL you want and download what you want.

Do note that Google Drive can destroy a calibre library. See WARNING - Google Drive Incompatible with Calibre!
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert