Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
geniodiabolico
geniodiabolico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Can books be set to auto-move to device like news?

Hey, just joined up on MobileRead, mainly to make this post. I'm fairly new to using Calibre as an essential part of my Kindle 2 management. Calibre has been installed since I bought the Kindle last spring but only recently have I started taking full advantage of its capabilities.

What I want to know is can books be set to auto-sync to the device when it connects the same way news sources can? I'd love newly added books to be set up to automatically go to the device so I don't have to remember to do it later.

Also, if this can be done at all, can it be done by one of the command line tools like calibredb? I'm toying with the idea of setting up a podcast feed where the RSS enclosures are Calibre-handled ebooks. For a first cut proof of concept, I'm thinking about modifying bashpodder to do this. Essentially I want Calibre to act for books the way iTunes does for audio files.

Thanks. I love Calibre, it truly rocks.
geniodiabolico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sending new books to device will be implemented soon enough, user_none is working on it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Welcome to MobileRead Evil Genius!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote