Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #46
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think most people reach a point, though, in middle age, at which they realise that it's about quality of life, rather than accumulating stuff, and start simplifying things again.
Of course, I rarely buy something that I don't want, so my buying isn't about about accumulating stuff, but more about filling out my collections. I tend to re-read books and re-watch movies. About half of my furniture is a good 30 years old, it's perfectly serviceable, so why replace it? I do have some things that I want to get rid of, but it's things that aren't easily disposed of, i.e. old electronics and old workout equipment that no longer works.

I did donate a SUV load of hard back books to a small library a couple of years ago, but it seems like few of the local libraries are all that eager to get old hard backs anymore.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:27 PM   #47
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Yes, but I needs me Billie Bob Thorton!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2017, 12:31 PM   #48
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Yes, but I needs me Billie Bob Thorton!
It WAS an excellent show.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #49
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Hey, I don't need any help for hording. I can horde just fine on my own.
Oh no you can't. It takes a lot more than one person to make up a horde. You can hoard on your own just fine, though.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:24 PM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Oh no you can't. It takes a lot more than one person to make up a horde. You can hoard on your own just fine, though.
Thank you. I know American English spelling is odd, but I'm pretty sure that "hoard" has an "a" in it even in the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2017, 06:04 PM   #51
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you. I know American English spelling is odd, but I'm pretty sure that "hoard" has an "a" in it even in the US.
Hoard in American English means to save everything including trash.
Horde means a group of people or animals or insects etc.

I have no clue what the person that started this means by hording.
Especially since collecting a particular something is not hoarding.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The issue is I paid an exorbitant price (to me, $35 for something I could get free off the TV is exorbitant) and I like to watch it on my big TV. I just started binge watching, and going to the computer to watch this and then back to the TV interrupts the binge watching. I don't think you are supposed to move during binge watching. At least I didn't for the first 9 seasons (I watched 4 or 5 at a time, not the entire 9 seasons!).
Can you hook the computer to the TV?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:16 PM   #53
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you hook the computer to the TV?
We use an HDMI cord when we need to go from computer to TV.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I need to binge watch A Series Of Unfortunate Events in 4k on my 55" 4k TV.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
We use an HDMI cord when we need to go from computer to TV.
So do I. I can go up to 4K to the TV as needed. But if I was doing Netflix or Amazon, I could do it via the LG TV apps.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #56
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So do I. I can go up to 4K to the TV as needed. But if I was doing Netflix or Amazon, I could do it via the LG TV apps.
Do those apps work well? I use our Playstation for Amazon since we have a surround sound.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Do those apps work well? I use our Playstation for Amazon since we have a surround sound.
Youtube, Amazon, and Netflix all work very well. I remember Netflix when you had to start watching SD until it buffered enough to watch HD. Now it's much faster. The Youtube app is missing one important feature. There's no way to filter videos. So if I wanted 4k only videos, I cannot filter such. However, I can find what I want on the laptop and using the iPhone Youtube app, I can find the same video and tell the TV to play it using the TV's Youtube app. That's the work around.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #58
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Well, I just contacted Amazon again, and got the "engineers are still working" I took the offer of a refund of the entire season. I figure when it appears, I can rebuy the season, and it is probably cheaper now, anyway.

I think Amazon video is a bandwidth hog, and I never have any problems with buffering. Although, when we got new DirecTV DVRs, they run on wireless, and were having problems. So those were hardwired. But the little fire TV stick keeps plugging along.

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 08-05-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:37 AM   #59
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Well, I just contacted Amazon again, and got the "engineers are still working" I took the offer of a refund of the entire season. I figure when it appears, I can rebuy the season, and it is probably cheaper now, anyway.

I think Amazon video is a bandwidth hog, and I never have any problems with buffering. Although, when we got new DirecTV DVRs, they run on wireless, and were having problems. So those were hardwired. But the little fire TV stick keeps plugging along.
It also depends on how fast your connection is I think. I know when I was on dial up and then DSL there were more troubles with the videos on youtube pausing to buffer than now on cable internet. I moved from DSL because it had started to slow down. I think there are too many people on it with aging phone lines as well. It just couldn't keep up.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #60
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Supernatural, season 10, episode 23.
FWIW, whatever was wrong with that episode appears to have been fixed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote