Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
BookGlove
BookGlove began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Unhappy Amazon PC to Calibre to Nook

I am thinking of purchasing the Nook Touch. Many of the books I want to purchase are in Kindle format. I purchase a book from Amazon Kindle for Mac. Now and I would like to import into Calibre and eventually convert and load to the nook.

I can't seem to grab the book from the Amazon Kindle App on my computer and add into Calibre. Help...
BookGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The book is most likely (99% of the time) going to be DRM protected. This will prevent it from being converted to a format supported by the Nook.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There are 3rd party plugins for Calibre that will help. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for more info on these plugins and DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
Amazonia
Amazonia began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple
I have to admit, I thought that was what Calibre did: convert books such as from Kindle to Nook. I bought the darn book so it is REALLY annoying that I can't read it on my Nook Simple. I bought the Nook because it is small enough to fit in a purse. I had an iPad and bought books both from iTunes and Amazon; both of which I could read on the iPad. I would like to read them on this simple device but I can't figure out how to do it. I wish I had understand how difficult this was going to be or I probably wouldn't have undertaken the task.
Amazonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Well. They do. Except that the latest version of K4PC broke the tools, so you need to downgrade to the previous K4PC version.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
Well. They do. Except that the latest version of K4PC broke the tools, so you need to downgrade to the previous K4PC version.
Please explain how I can do that; K4PC automatically updated today when I "bought" a free book.

Update:
I found the earlier version to download from cnet if anyone else has this problem.

Last edited by GeckoFriend; 03-01-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Update
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
Please explain how I can do that; K4PC automatically updated today when I "bought" a free book.
Try FileHippo. Uninstall your existing version, install 1.8.3 (say) and uncheck automatic updates (Tools -> Options). Then redownload your ebooks within K4PC.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon kindle, calibre add book, nook